A Couple Of Fable 2 Additions Revealed

LL!

Gaming blog Kotaku are currently enjoying the wonder that is the Games Developers Conference, right at this moment they are sitting “in a small room with Peter Molyneux listening to him talk up Fable 2.” It seems the game’s creator has been revealing some interesting tidbits about the title.

There will apparently be ”three big things coming to the sequel to his role-playing game, but he only wants to talk about one of them today: Love.” This ‘Love’ will apparently come in three different forms

“There is the appreciation the wide world feels toward your character as he lives and fights in their world. There is the ability to make love and make babies. Yes, you can be both a man or a woman and if you're a woman, you can get pregnant. A first, he believes, for a main character in an RPG.”

But the big revelation is that of a sidekick for Fable 2’s main character, but this is no Robin or Tails, oh no, it’s a dog!

“But the big thing, one of the biggest parts of Fable 2, will be the introduction of a dog to the game. Not just any dog, but your dog. The dog will be faithful to you and will have a deeply nuanced artificial intelligence so you won't actually control your dog at all.

Instead your dog will act as a sort of living HUD. The game has no map, no other user interface on screen. Instead you will have to rely on the dog and what he sees and does. You also will control the dog by your own actions.

A great example. You come upon two bad guys and pull our your gun (yes, the game has guns) and the dogs knows automatically attack the closer targets.”

Interesting stuff indeed, be sure to stick with GWN for more updates and thanks again to Kotaku for the heads up on this.

Source: GWN

Well, that's certainly.. interesting.

A) I'm just not attracted to getting knocked up and then having to go on a 200 day journey climbing mountains and such while fighting hordes of enemies.

B) I'm also not attracted to having to follow my dog into a big open field thinking I'm gonna find some cool treasure only for him to leave a steaming pile of treasure right next to me.

They just seem like unnecessary additions, but we'll see how it turns out.

If this doesn't allow for some man on dog love (a first for a major RPG, I believe), I will be dissapointed.

Guest We Are Robots

Peter Molyneux, your words have gotten me hyped up only to disappoint me severely in practice before. This all sounds really cool, but the end product had better actually deliver what you say this time, and be fun, or I'm not listening to you ever again.

Heh, was playing Fable 1 earlier, just for the hell of it.

Anyway, I'm not sure I like these ideas. I mean, a dog? I love the little buggers, but having one follow me all over the damn place sounds kind of annoying. It would probably work better if you could turn it on or off, or if we could get something a little more...menacing.

And you can get pregnant? Sounds like a gimmicky feature I'll never touch more than once, if only to see the hilarity of it.

Edited by Gongsun Zan

I don't like the idea of a no-HUD thing at all, I want a conventional map system sometimes, but actually owning a dog isn't a bad feature in itself.

The pregnant thing is weird, sort of a once off "Eh, why not" thing, but not something I really see being used.

Sounds good, the only downside of Fable to me was its length. I would have loved the children ability in the other one, but is it going to be like the rumor last time around where your character dies and you can become the child?

Edited by TH4L

Guest We Are Robots

Just because there's no HUD doesn't mean there's not going to be a map. You open your backpack and look at the map that's in there, it opens up in your character's hands and the camera zooms in on it.

I'm gonna have so many kids.

And damnit, I want a map.

I'm gonna have a minimum of 5 kids in each town and I will only visit them when I wish to impregnate my woman again.

Edited by LL

the ability to neglect the dog and turn it into a vicious, blood thirst beast would so totally rule