EU3

How do you load troops onto boats and transport them anywhere that isn't a port? Or is it possible to unload somewhere that doesn't have a port?

Why does absolutely everybody have this problem? :mellow:

Search back through the topic. I swear it's been explained two if not three times already.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ah, the joys of playing a complex strategy game without any form of instruction. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, and I can't figure out how to load troops into boats. Well, I think I know how to do that, it's how to get the boats to go to any point that isn't in a port I'm having trouble with.

I'm mixed about the changes made in the 1.2 patch. There are some good little differences here and there, and presumably several background or AI bits that I can't see, but what they've done to Advisors have annoyed me no end. Now if I want missionaries I have to rely on my Innovative/Narrowminded slider - which of course comes at the expense of worse tech research. What good is being able to hire people who make missionaries +8% more likely to succeed when I can't get any in the first place? <_<

The diplomacy advisors helping to lower your reputation is good, but I only say that because I have an abundance of diplomats through other means. On the whole, it irks me.

I'm mixed about the changes made in the 1.2 patch. There are some good little differences here and there, and presumably several background or AI bits that I can't see, but what they've done to Advisors have annoyed me no end. Now if I want missionaries I have to rely on my Innovative/Narrowminded slider - which of course comes at the expense of worse tech research. What good is being able to hire people who make missionaries +8% more likely to succeed when I can't get any in the first place? <_<

The diplomacy advisors helping to lower your reputation is good, but I only say that because I have an abundance of diplomats through other means. On the whole, it irks me.

How do you load troops onto boats and transport them anywhere that isn't a port? Or is it possible to unload somewhere that doesn't have a port?

Why does absolutely everybody have this problem? :mellow:

Search back through the topic. I swear it's been explained two if not three times already.

Edited by Farmer Reil

I suppose the reason is to simulate the time it takes for an army to load themselves and all their supplies onto a boat, I don't know.

Another thing I dislike about the 1.2 patch - now when I continue my France game I get "natives uprising" every other freakin' second. Even in provinces where all natives have been killed/never existed at all. And more to that: were all other nations so obsessively spy crazy in version 1.1 but we just weren't told about it? Because I'm being alerted to spy attempts/incite uprisings/etc. every other second as well. Thank Christ I altered the settings so that they didn't create pop-up windows every time, or else I would go insane.

At this rate I may end up ditching 1.2 altogether and going back to 1.1.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I think I need to play a European nation. My attempts to save the Aztecs from new world conquest, have...well not really failed, but I think I started too far back in the time period, and it's been pretty boring so far.

Maybe I'll start with a european nation next time :P

Anyone managed to survive as one of the unfancied nations and forge an empire? Just curious if there's a 1700s in which Aragon or Hesse or some shit is the dominant power.

I had screenshots of my Leinster game early on in the thread. I've only been doing larger countries since then...

I may be forced to uninstall the game and reinstall it with only the 1.1 patch. I've played games on the 1.2 patch and the MM mod and none of them were quite as fun (except for the extra events in MM, but it makes the game run a lot slower).

Edited by stokeriño