Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

After I saw the Falcons get killed last week, it got me to thinking. There going nowhere with Harrington this year, and even if they do, there not going to be great. 6-10 at best. So I was wondering, whom do you guys think that the Falcons will take in next years draft. My guess is either Brian brohm from Louisville or Colt Brennan from hawaii.

After I saw the Falcons get killed last week, it got me to thinking. There going nowhere with Harrington this year, and even if they do, there not going to be great. 6-10 at best. So I was wondering, whom do you guys think that the Falcons will take in next years draft. My guess is either Brian brohm from Louisville or Colt Brennan from hawaii.

As other insiders have said this is less about the Pats and more of an example and make sure no one ever does it again, and taking a 1st rounder will pretty much cover that. In my opinion it doesn't really hurt the Patriots as they draft really well in the later rounds anyway and have so many players they've added they get to save some money.

Brohm is about as big of a lock to Atlanta as there is, Petrino will find any way he can to get him.

I think it's a pretty leniant penalty. Granted, that's with no concept of the salary structure of an NFL coach, but it seems a bit low. And they should absolutely have had to forfeit that game in which they were caught cheating, assuming they didn't lose (they did win, no?). The penalty actually fits the crime but they should be making an example and in that case I think the punishment is far too leniant.

I think the penalty is pretty good. It gets the point across to other teams that it's not worth the penalty to gain a very slight competitive edge, and it also doesn't cripple the Patriots for something you can't prove is genuine cheating. A fair, and just, ruling by the NFL. I'm a big fan of the Goodell era so far, he's a ballbuster no doubt, but he does have a lot of common sense.

I think it's a pretty leniant penalty. Granted, that's with no concept of the salary structure of an NFL coach, but it seems a bit low. And they should absolutely have had to forfeit that game in which they were caught cheating, assuming they didn't lose (they did win, no?). The penalty actually fits the crime but they should be making an example and in that case I think the punishment is far too leniant.