Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

The Pats might just go 19-0 this year..they look unbeatable.

If they walk out of Indy 9-0, I'll start considering that notion. Even then, though, they've got to travel to Baltimore a few weeks later. Those are really the only two games where I could see them slipping if they keep this pace up (and, in the second case, only if the defense plays up to its Super Bowl days.)

I think it's pretty safe to say that San Diego is much worse than they were last season. Norv Turner is as close as you can get to a surefire loser head coach. Everything he touches turns to shit, including one of, if not THE, most talented team in the league.

They didn't even look prepared to play offensively. Overrated Philip Rivers looked lost half the time and like he was openly weeping on the field the other half of the time.

Marty Schottenheimer's team still might have lost, but they would have at least been prepared.

Edit - Oh and Kitna is now out of the game. Our back up is JT O'Sullivan? Who is he? Good question, I don't know either. I mean I do, but he's not worthy of being a third string high school QB. We gave away McCown for nothing, we traded him four a fourth rounder that was cut. Matt Millen needs to die, no fucking joke. A brutal murder.

You guys still got Dan Orlovsky. I never even heard of the other guy.

Pats destroyed the Chargers (Y)

And why is it every time the Bengals and the Browns play each other they seem to go crazy on the scoreboard? I remember several 30+ games from both against each other before.

I could see Orlovsky being promoted to second string, but I wouldn't be too enthused over him either. If Leftwhich is still out there, I'd like to see us at least make a pitch to him.

You're saying that after two games? Two games against two of the best defenses in the league? If it continues for the next couple of weeks then sure, but I think it's too early to be judging at the moment.

He's saying it off the 100+ games Norv Turner has coached in the NFL...with a horrible win % and talented teams underachieving immensely under him before.

You're saying that after two games? Two games against two of the best defenses in the league? If it continues for the next couple of weeks then sure, but I think it's too early to be judging at the moment.

He's saying it off the 100+ games Norv Turner has coached in the NFL...with a horrible win % and talented teams underachieving immensely under him before.

Edit - Oh and Kitna is now out of the game. Our back up is JT O'Sullivan? Who is he? Good question, I don't know either. I mean I do, but he's not worthy of being a third string high school QB. We gave away McCown for nothing, we traded him four a fourth rounder that was cut. Matt Millen needs to die, no fucking joke. A brutal murder.

You guys still got Dan Orlovsky. I never even heard of the other guy.

Pats destroyed the Chargers (Y)

And why is it every time the Bengals and the Browns play each other they seem to go crazy on the scoreboard? I remember several 30+ games from both against each other before.

I could see Orlovsky being promoted to second string, but I wouldn't be too enthused over him either. If Leftwhich is still out there, I'd like to see us at least make a pitch to him.

Well, how long is Kitna out for? Is it that serious?

Orlovsky is probably the most known footballer from Connecticut, so it'd be cool to see him play.

I've spent all night laughing at my roommate for being an Eagles fan. Terrible performance from them tonight, McNabb is really looking old.

Also, to add to a previous discussion. The only 2 places NE could lose this season are Indy and Baltimore. The main reason is in 2 players -- Bob Sanders and Ed Reed. New England's only weakness is against a killer secondary, and both Indy and Baltimore are great in that territory.

So you can run up the middle and try and get through McIntosh, Washington and London-Fletcher, or you can throw and expect Taylor or Landry to be on the receivers ass in moments and destroy them.

Yeah, might as well just give us the ball :)

Leave me alone, after a 5-11 season, I should be allowed to brag when we go 2-0.

He's baaack

The Great Dane is back.

The Falcons Monday signed their most prolific scorer in franchise history for an unprecedented third stint as the team's placekicker. The 47-year-old Morten Andersen replaces Matt Prater, who was waived by the team Monday evening.

Andersen, 6-2, 225 pounds enters his 25th year in the league, one season after becoming the NFL’s all-time leading scorer. An eight-time Pro Bowl selection, Andersen has recorded 2,445 career points and is the Falcons career scoring leader with 707 points (1995-2000, 2006).

Andersen has split the uprights on 540 of 681 career field goal attempts (79.3) while adding 825 of 835 points after touchdown. The ‘Great Dane’ has also set Falcons franchise records with the longest field goal of 59 yards (1995), the most 50-yard field goals in a season with eight (1995), the most extra points in a career (230) and is second in most points scored in a season with 122 (1995).

In Week 14 of the 2006 season, Andersen became the League’s all-time leading scorer with 2,435 points when his extra point kick sailed through the uprights in front of a home crowd against the Dallas Cowboys. Andersen also recorded one of the most memorable kicks in Falcons history when he converted a 38-yard field goal against the Minnesota Vikings in the 1999 NFC Championship game to send Atlanta to its first Super Bowl appearance in franchise history.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed by the team.

Prater was signed by the Falcons as a free agent on September 1, 2007. He entered the NFL after being signed by the Detroit Lions as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2004.