SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

From GamesRader.com

At a WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 event held in London last week, THQ's vice president of product development, Keith Kirby, revealed that gamers could look forward to a lot more WWE offerings in the future, providing dedicated lovers of the wrestling with more besides the annual update of its flagship series.

Although carefully cagey about details, Kirby told GamesRadar that he had recently been in New York for a meeting, the purpose of which was to "talk about all sorts of new and exciting ways to bring the WWE brand to fans in an interactive way... Stay tuned because it's going to get really cool and really exciting." He offered that this included how gamers could "experience the main game in different ways," as well as providing "unique offerings from the WWE and THQ".

We stated the obvious and suggested he was talking about WWE spin-offs, to which Kirby replied: "I can't tell you, but that's a very good guess." So, until THQ is ready to spill its beans on the canvas, we'll take that as an unconfirmed affirmative. Let's just hope for something a bit better than WWE Crush Hour, though.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE spinoff games have never been successful.

Crush Hour was ok at best, Betrayal for the GBC was awful. I would also want a Legends game

The Smackdown vs. Raw video game may miss its November deadline due to Chris Benoit. Vince McMahon wants him removed from the game, but to have him removed would require the game being delayed, which means that they would miss out on the 2007 holiday season revenue, which is always the most lucrative quarter for video games.

Guest Anti-Hero

Crush Hour was ok at best, Betrayal for the GBC was awful. I would also want a Legends game

The Smackdown vs. Raw video game may miss its November deadline due to Chris Benoit. Vince McMahon wants him removed from the game, but to have him removed would require the game being delayed, which means that they would miss out on the 2007 holiday season revenue, which is always the most lucrative quarter for video games.

Source: 411wrestling.com via F4Wonline.com

Don't know how true it is but I can see why Vince would want him gone from the game since he has already erased him from mostly everything else.

Source: 411wrestling.com via F4Wonline.com

Don't know how true it is but I can see why Vince would want him gone from the game since he has already erased him from mostly everything else.

It's a little more of a big deal than keeping in a Goldberg taunt, though. They keep in anything close to Benoit, and the media will be over them for trying to profit off a murderer. The main reason I can see it being such a long procedure is that they'll have to remove any instance of his character appearing during Season mode.

Well, moves and stuff probably wouldn't take too long but as I said, season mode might do...he could well have been a prominent part of several of the storylines in season mode, so they'd need to come up with replacements for each of those, re-script them, re-animate them, re-record the necessary voiceovers, etc.

New CM Punk pic

064lhc7.th.jpg

King Booker Entrance

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4mu7MJBv8AQ

Undertaker and Mr.Kennedy Entrances

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd6gUbz_3-A&...ted&search=

(If you wait till the end of the Kennedy entrance you'll see a loading screen showing CM Punk using the Anaconda Vice on what look's like John Morrison/Nitro.

Full roster annouced tomorrow.

EDIT:

Elijah Burke Pic

066lmj5.th.jpg

Edited by wozzi

The crowd seem a lot more responsive to entrances now, they actually cheer when Undertaker appears quite a bit.

I am pumped for this game. I really hope it doesn't get delayed.

Mr. Kennedy looks much better in this game as well.

Edited by Gooner27

It looks a great game. The only annoying thing is how so many people are usually left out, and how far behind the rosters are. There will be a host of 'stars missing from the game that are around now.

Lets just hope that for once...WWE actually put their entrance theme on, so when we create them, they can come down to their real music. If it's too late to create them altogether, surely it isn't too late to add their music?

It looks a great game. The only annoying thing is how so many people are usually left out, and how far behind the rosters are. There will be a host of 'stars missing from the game that are around now.

Lets just hope that for once...WWE actually put their entrance theme on, so when we create them, they can come down to their real music. If it's too late to create them altogether, surely it isn't too late to add their music?

And they change the fucking CAW mode too. Ever since Here Comes The Pain (4/5 games ago?) It's been the same, and got worse each game too. On '07, I remember thinking "Yes, they have hoods on tops now, so you can give Christian Cage etc. good entrances". But what happens? They're shit because you cant change the colour. Even worse than that is that you can't get a normal t-shirt to go black. T'is a joke.

And with that CM Punk pic above, looks good. Though the stage/entrance area looks huge, unlike ECW's lol.

Edited by TheModernWay

So here comes the full roster with a lack of Brian Kendrick and Paul London once again.

CURRENT SUPERSTARS

Ashley

Batista

Bobby Lashley

Booker T

Candice Michelle

Carlito

Chavo Guerrero

Chris Masters

CM Punk

Edge

Elijah Burke

Finlay

Gregory Helms

Jeff Hardy

John Cena

Johnny Nitro

JTG

Kane

Kelly Kelly

Ken Kennedy

Kenny Dykstra

Marcus Cor Von

Matt Hardy

Melina

Michelle McCool

Mickie James

MVP

Randy Orton

Rey Mysterio

Ric Flair

Sabu

Sandman

SHAD

Shawn Michaels

Snitsky

The Great Khali

Tommy Dreamer

Torrie Wilson

Triple H

Umaga

Undertaker

William Regal

NON-PLAYABLE CHARACTERS

Armando Alejandro Estrada

JBL rocking a suit

Jerry Lawler

Jim Ross

Joey Styles

Jonathan Coachman

Justin Roberts

Lillian Garcia

Maria

Michael Cole

Mickie Henson

Mike Chioda

Nick Patrick

Shane McMahon in a suit

Stephanie McMahon

Tazz

Theodore Long

Tony Chimmel

Triple H Rocking a suit

Vince McMahon in a suit

WWE LEGENDS

Bret Hart

Mick Foley

Rick Rude

Roddy Piper

Steve Austin

Terry Funk

The Rock

- IGN.com

Edited by CeLLebrity

To be fair, Cade & Murdoch were basically absent from television until their feud with the Hardyz, which really didn't heat up until late Spring, long after the WrestleMania cut-off. The lack of London and Kendrick is just fucking retarded though when lost causes like Kenny Dykstra and Chris Masters make it in. And Sabu's in but no RVD? What the fuck? No Shelton? One must wonder if that's a punishment. And only seven Legends? No Hogan is a huge bummer, but understandable. Still, Rick Rude is an awesome addition.

Edited by Zero