SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benoit definitely won't be in. They have enough time to cut him from the game. I do hope though they don't excise all things associated with him. But I have a feeling at least the crossface will be absent.

Every shot I've seen of Undertaker (at least for the 360) looks absolutely fantastic. The texture work with his tattoos and his overall appearance, his face especially, all look great.

More moves and interaction is all that's needed really (aside from minor bug fixes and the requisite amount of upgrades). The Ultimate Move Control thing was a good step forward, but with some tweaking it should allow the game to be immersive. Stamina shouldn't drain so quickly while using it though. They also should utterly revamp the entire weight system they have in.

I'm really curious how the Wii's version will turn out. Not just control wise but graphically and feature wise.

There are way more than ten wrestlers confirmed, here's the list so far, you can check Wikipedia for citations:

* Batista

* Bobby Lashley

* Chavo Guerrero

* Chris Benoit

* Chris Masters

* CM Punk

* Edge

* Elijah Burke

* Jeff Hardy

* John Cena

* Kane

* Kevin Thorn

* Marcus Cor Von

* Randy Orton

* Rey Mysterio

* Ric Flair

* The Sandman

* Shawn Michaels

* Snitsky

* Triple H

* Umaga

* The Undertaker

* Ashley Massaro

Benoit's status is now questionable though, but no one from THQ has mentioned anything about it either way. I presume they will take him out as well as the Crossface and his taunts. It's gonna piss a lot of people off, but I can't imagine them doing anything but that.

They should leave the crossface in, he's not the only wrestler to use it. And the multiple Germans should stay. And the flying headbutt >_>

What they should do for things like the German suplex is have a button to tap at the right moment to keep the move locked in and repeat it. Like maybe you could hit R1 as a powerbombed opponent hits the mat to lift him back up for a second one.

They should leave the crossface in, he's not the only wrestler to use it. And the multiple Germans should stay. And the flying headbutt >_>

What they should do for things like the German suplex is have a button to tap at the right moment to keep the move locked in and repeat it. Like maybe you could hit R1 as a powerbombed opponent hits the mat to lift him back up for a second one.

Jeff Hardy and Sandman confirmed for 08. Hardy and Sandman join previously-announced superstars Undertaker, Bobby Lashley, Kane, Triple H, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Chris Masters, and Randy Orton to bring the roster count to 10.

Sandman Screen

I didn't post the pic because it's a big one.

I don't think The Sandman has ever been that thin or muscular.

Benoit definitely won't be in. They have enough time to cut him from the game. I do hope though they don't excise all things associated with him. But I have a feeling at least the crossface will be absent.

Every shot I've seen of Undertaker (at least for the 360) looks absolutely fantastic. The texture work with his tattoos and his overall appearance, his face especially, all look great.

More moves and interaction is all that's needed really (aside from minor bug fixes and the requisite amount of upgrades). The Ultimate Move Control thing was a good step forward, but with some tweaking it should allow the game to be immersive. Stamina shouldn't drain so quickly while using it though. They also should utterly revamp the entire weight system they have in.

I'm really curious how the Wii's version will turn out. Not just control wise but graphically and feature wise.

Absolutely, regarding the bolded portion. It's fucking ridiculous that Rey Mysterio can't kick Finlay without hurting himself, that's just getting ridiculous with the weight limits.

Another thing with Sandman, what will they do about his entrance? Is he gonna disappointingly come out via the ramp like everyone else!? I love how the camera erroneously pans around the crowd when his music hits up before he appears somewhere through the crowd.

I think they'll get Sandman's intro right in the game. The things I really long for are being able to edit existing superstars attributes; I'd like to be able to edit each shows roster in Season ala Here Comes The Pain and I'd also like everything to carry over in season mode such as champions/stats and such. Also I'd really like the way moves are reversed by the CPU overhauled; I swear any match on the harder levels is pretty much reversal after reversal for 45 minutes.

Guest Anti-Hero

It's so awesome to see SANDMAN of all people on a WWE game. It's great.

EDIT: I'll have a hard choice between the Wii and PS3 versions of the game. Apparently, the Wii version will be more "arcade" like in order to accomodate the physical drain flailing around in a wrestling match would entail.

Edited by Anti-Hero

In regards to those PSM screencaps why the hell will "only big guys be able to trap people in the corner like this"? http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9607/psm2ia0.jpg

That's silly.

I hope they work most of the bugs out before releasing the game this time. 07 has way too many.

I also hope they have the existing announce teams record a lot more new dialog and kick some of the old dialog out.

My biggest gripe, though, would be the # of CAW parts. They really need to put some of the old hairstyles back in and change some of the CAW parts that aren't stylable in 07 so they are in 08. (especially the armbands and some of the shirts)

*crosses fingers that they put Maria in this year*

But what about cruiserweight/cruiserweight matches? Rey Mysterio's not going to be relegated to facing the Big Show the entire tenure of the game, y'know.

I dunno why Zero hates No Mercy so much. What did No Mercy ever do to you, Zero?

I dunno why Zero hates No Mercy so much. What did No Mercy ever do to you, Zero?

Because it really hasn't aged well. The customization is amazing, but I really don't think the Season Mode was that great, especially considering the ticking timebomb of wiping out your game if you ever used a CAW. And the losing matches part is a good idea in theory, but it would be helpful if the game was actually hard enough where you might actually lose a match and it not be on purpose. You can win a match in No Mercy in 50 seconds, easily. Again, I'm not saying Smackdown is better, because it's not, but No Mercy has been put up on this untouchable pedestal when it's just not that good anymore.

In regards to those PSM screencaps why the hell will "only big guys be able to trap people in the corner like this"?

Yeah, that's way dumb.