SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a new trailer on IGN showing all the different fighting styles and it shows a few cool things that they haven't showed before:

-First look at Jeff Hardy(looks great)

-Sandman putting someone on the guard rail than hitting them with a chair

-Sandman choking out some guy with a Sledgehammer while they are grounded

-Sandman LIGHTING A TABLE ON FIRE!

-Undertaker using his newly animated Tombstone

There's a new trailer on IGN showing all the different fighting styles and it shows a few cool things that they haven't showed before:

-First look at Jeff Hardy(looks great)

-Sandman putting someone on the guard rail than hitting them with a chair

-Sandman choking out some guy with a Sledgehammer while they are grounded

-Sandman LIGHTING A TABLE ON FIRE!

-Undertaker using his newly animated Tombstone

Guest Brainbustah!

I don't really have a problem with the commentary, because I always turn the sound down and listen to my iPod.

But my favorite thing about the last two games was the GM Mode. Last year, it even seemed like they were focusing on the GM Mode, and Season Mode was there mainly to unlock stuff. And now, they're saying that they've merged the GM Mode and Season into the WWE 24/7 Mode. Well, I haven't heard one thing about how the GM Mode is being used in 24/7.

And, I wouldn't even have a problem with this new thing being mostly about Season and barely about GM if it lasted longer than 3 years for an entire career. I can understand it only lasting 6 months for guys like Ric Flair or The Undertaker, but if I create someone, or use someone like Burke or Cor Von, then it should last a LOT, LOT longer than 3 years. If you're going to do a WWE 24/7 Mode, you should make it pretty much EXACTLY like NFL Superstar mode in Madden.

So yeah, this game sounds like it will either completely suck, or completely kick ass. I won't buy it on launch day like I did last year.

Hasnt the full roster usually been announced by now? Theyre a bit slow with updates this year...

IGN usually has the exclusive on announcing the full roster by doing the daily countdown up until a couple weeks before release, so no, the full roster isn't usually announced by now.

Was that on the 360 version? I don't remember being able to do it on PS2.

I agree with the need for a playable Vinny Mac. His character model is in the game, so it wouldn't even be remotely taxing.

It's available on the PS2, it just sucks. You set them up only in direct relation to the corner, and superplex people through them. You couldn't, say, set them up in the middle of the ring and then leap off a ladder, or set them up outside the ring and launch yourself from the corner. Tables as a whole took a huge step backwards, they used to have pretty good physics, now they've been simplified to the point of stupidity.