SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

Got it on PS2 today...new controls are annoying, it'll take me a long time to get used to. Training in GM Mode is a pain, I never remember what I'm meant to be doing.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it on PS2 today...new controls are annoying, it'll take me a long time to get used to. Training in GM Mode is a pain, I never remember what I'm meant to be doing.

They seemed annoying to me at first. I've got it on PS3, so I imagine it's the same controls as PS2. I use R1 then a direction with the right stick for grapples/moves - Once you get used to that bit, the rest follows pretty easily.

Have seen clips of the new 24/7 season, what a joke that is. The DX single entrances are cool, especially HBK's. Any confirmation of there being a cheat menu? Have seen a picture but it looked photoshopped

Also for anyone who cares, No Mercy is going on the wii console download thingy, with an updated roster. Who needs smackdown :D

Is anyone else having problems with the entrances? I have my own custom entrance, and custom theme song for my CAW and it all works well except the pyro doesn't go off, and the attire I chose only for entrance doesn't appear, and half the time my opponent comes out with pyro, but no music.

Not really fond of 24/7 mode thus far, it feels for the most part just like GM mode except you really need to play the matches instead of just booking them. Season mode last year was for people who didn't want the niggly little aspect of booking feuds, juggling contracts and dealing with injuries, so it's a bit annoying that your only alternative this year is juggling with 'training' mini games on your days off. It also seems bizarre that each mini game fatigues you, and the only way to remove fatigue is doing R&R which, for some reason, removes 15 points of overness. I've done about half a dozen matches so far and my overness is 4. So the only way to be popular is to not train? Pfft.

HBK just asked me to trade opponents on Raw. I said no. He sent me a message thanking me for trading opponents, and we have indeed, got different matches. Ho-hum.

EDIT: Yeah, there is a cheats menu in options, but obviously no one has any yet.

Edited by Kaney Almeida

Is anyone else having problems with the entrances? I have my own custom entrance, and custom theme song for my CAW and it all works well except the pyro doesn't go off, and the attire I chose only for entrance doesn't appear, and half the time my opponent comes out with pyro, but no music.

Not really fond of 24/7 mode thus far, it feels for the most part just like GM mode except you really need to play the matches instead of just booking them. Season mode last year was for people who didn't want the niggly little aspect of booking feuds, juggling contracts and dealing with injuries, so it's a bit annoying that your only alternative this year is juggling with 'training' mini games on your days off. It also seems bizarre that each mini game fatigues you, and the only way to remove fatigue is doing R&R which, for some reason, removes 15 points of overness. I've done about half a dozen matches so far and my overness is 4. So the only way to be popular is to not train? Pfft.

HBK just asked me to trade opponents on Raw. I said no. He sent me a message thanking me for trading opponents, and we have indeed, got different matches. Ho-hum.

EDIT: Yeah, there is a cheats menu in options, but obviously no one has any yet.

Creative control. :shifty:

I wouldn't mind moves ending with pins if they could work out a way to have the finisher not end in a pin if the match didn't end with a pinfall. Instead they either a) give you some other finisher like a powerslam which makes no sense but doesn't end in a pin, or b) have you do the finisher and then you lay on him and do your own counting while nothing happens.

Whats the exclusive feature for the PS?

Its really annoying that you can't to a season and a GM Mode at the same time.

Does anybody know how to do the burning table?

Season mode is really quite bad. No real cut scenes just random stuff backstage. I'm 4 Months in and I've heard my character talking twice and each time was only about a sentence. And advance matches are full of glitches. I was told it was going to be me and Matt Hardy vs Chavo and MVP, but in the end I got me and Mysterio vs Helms and Booker, with no real reason explained for the change. My first blood match was a handicap match, do I need to go on?

The main controls that are bugging me are L1 and Triangle being switched around. L1 for run is really annoying.

I haven't found anything *too* wrong with the game yet, though...I've just been simulating all my training in 24/7 mode, so it isn't really any different to the old Season Mode that way. Couple of glitches in 24/7 mode, like JR saying "he fought the best SmackDown has to offer" when I'm on RAW, and when I swapped opponents with Shawn Michaels, I fought Jeff Hardy instead of Randy Orton, then the next week I had to fight Jeff again and the commentary was discussing it as if I'd fought Orton the previous week...

Gameplay-wise, though, I can see myself getting used to it. The new control system actually makes it more enjoyable, I think, because along with my CAW having terrible stats at the moment, it means the matches last a lot longer and are a lot more competitive, even playing on Normal difficulty.

I just resaturated with the official Raw vs Smackdown 2008 website and it does officially say roster updates will become available

Where does it say that!? I cant find it anywhere.

The site is annoying. Crap navigation, and the roster page is stupid. It lists Sabu and Dreamer as ECW guys when theyre legends, instead of Bret Hart it has a '?', and theres a '?' on SD! too, for Kenny Dykstra.

Plus Kelly Kelly isnt even on the page, and I know she's in the game o_O

Edited by 1PWCorino