SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried Controller Type 2 and nothing seemed different, was weird, but again, why even bother changing it so much when it was as close to perfect as it was?

Probably just a marketing ploy. If they say the controls are "better" and "easier to use", people will go for it...even if it comes across as shit once we've tried it.

I personally don't find them that bad.

But...

How many moves does each superstar have...roughly?

I say that because whenever I use the grapple moves, I'm either hitting them with a suplex (with guys like Edge and Orton) or a scoop slam with Triple H. I can either do that, or it gets reversed. I'm using R3 and R1 together, then a certain direction each time...can't grasp whether this is all they do, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Help appreciated and all that shit.

• Admin

Each superstar has 4 quick grapples (right stick on it's own), 2 ultimate control grapples (right stick to the side + right shoulder button) and 8 strong grapples (4 accessed by right stick up + right button followed by a right stick direction, and 4 accessed by the same combination but right stick down + right button)

On PS2, the only difference between "Control Type A" and "Control Type B" is whether you use the analog stick or the D-Pad to move. I see no reason why they couldn't have made it capable of customising the controls completely, or at least sticking something similar to the old control system in as a preset.

Can I just say... what the fuck? This was an awesome game three years ago, when did they screw up the PS control system? It's not that different but different enough that it feels forced, horrid change, it was perfectly fine before, if it ain't broke.

Also, everything in season is horribly repetitive, the commentary began repeating within the first match. It's still all fun, but somewhere this game got very lost, probably along the time it got ported, and while I'm all for porting, don't fuck up the original in the process.

Granted I'm not playing on a PS, but I think the controls are good. I love the new run system, it feels a whole lot more natural than just pointing yourself in one strict direction, and while the grapples are limited compared to last years, but when you get down to it, I think it's an improvement. Having people stick with one style feels restricting at first, but it makes things a lot more realistic, and styles like cruiserweights now have a proper chance. The removal of the stamina meter is a bit of a pain, and one thing I will never understand is why you can no longer choose who you're targetting since it's a pain in the ass in multiplayer matches, but overall I prefer this system.

Since you no longer have a stamina meter you could theoretically do ultimate control moves forever, but now the opponent can reverse them, which they almost certainly will do if they aren't damaged first, so instead of just wading in with tons of huge power moves at the start of a match, you're forced to build your way up with small moves, getting limb damage, then hitting the big ones. Makes matches so much more fun in my opinion, but as always, the smackdown games seem to be love them or hate them.

My "delivery" arived tonight... the only thing i did right now is starting a 24/7 mode with shawn michaels (why issent he talking? esp if there only seem to be a few wrestlers in this mode? - he looks a bit like donkey of shrek in his face >_>)

When you are in training, do you see somewhre how many counters (or whatever) you need to have?

Haha, my first non training match and i am not fighting becaus i actualy needed to tell the game that i would like to play the wrestler i am playing. This is of to a great start~!

Why am i starting with 36 POints and at the bottom of the cards but go directly for the world title?

Ok, now i won a number one contenders spot, but the next thing i know is that i have to fight some dush that i beat up over a month over a movie role... i don´t even know WHO is the champion.......

...wow.

Every year, every year in the build up to Smackdown all you ever do is post something along the lines of "Tis suckz, bye KOC." and yet you still continue to play it. I say play it, I don't whether you're buying it, renting it, stealing it or what. But heck, you're going to the trouble of putting effort into a) getting it and b) playing it. Is it not possible for you to draw a line under this series and just say you won't touch it again? It just seems the only reason you touch it is to pick faults with it which seems like a shocking waste of time.

Hey on 24/7 mode whilst playing as Jeff Hardy (i know, i'm a typical mark) when I go to his progress report on the laptop it constantly says he wants a release or to re-negotiate as he thinks he's getting extremly under paid ($10,000) anyone know how to re-negotiate or is it just not possible?

• Admin

Are you playing as a superstar or a GM?

If GM, go to your roster, click on Hardy's profile, and renegotiate contract will be one of your options

If as Hardy himself, you just have to wait till your contract runs out and sign a new, better one.

can someone explain me if there is a way to win a 4 way ladder match that dos not purly depend on luck?

Pick the ladder up, go on a rage by beating the fuck out of everyone else in the match - Then you'll win :shifty: . Btw, when you've climbed the ladder, make sure you have both hands on the belt when trying to retrieve it...it's much quicker.

Another complaint I have is on legendary mode the rediculously high amounts of reversals by the comp and the extremely low amounts of reversals it allows you to do, I was tapping R2 for ages and Austin did about 7 strong grapple moves on me without me even reversing one (I was Bret Hart) I had to wait till an UCM before I could reverse, anyone else think this??

Yea but spamming right trigger has always worked... it's cos I'm lazy as I used to occasionaly play with a turbo controller and set L2 and R2 to turbo... ahh good days but yea, I started reversing more and won the match with a sleeper hold... to be honest I was more in a stress with the game when I wrote that post and may of taken the problem out of context just a little.