SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

I just played a ladder match with Matt Hardy against MVP. I started climbing the ladder when MVP was outside the ring, he got up and stood on the apron and just let me get the title, I was hanging onto it for a good 2 minutes as well. Hope not all ladder matches are like that.

Anyone done an Elimination Chamber match yet? I remember on the last game the CPU always climbed the cell randomly when they didn't need to and just climbed straight back down.

And is there any other way to gain cash other than 24/7 mode? I really can't be arsed with it, but I need to unlock Sabu.

Edited by Gooner27

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just played a ladder match with Matt Hardy against MVP. I started climbing the ladder when MVP was outside the ring, he got up and stood on the apron and just let me get the title, I was hanging onto it for a good 2 minutes as well. Hope not all ladder matches are like that.

I've played various tag team matches with my nephew against the CPU...on normal difficulty, and they've given us a good challenge every time. Probably go up a level for next time though. When weapons are allowed, the harder the difficulty the better I think ...but normal matches can be a bitch with reversals.

Anyone done an Elimination Chamber match yet? I remember on the last game the CPU always climbed the cell randomly when they didn't need to and just climbed straight back down.

And is there any other way to gain cash other than 24/7 mode? I really can't be arsed with it, but I need to unlock Sabu.

Edited by Mattman

I'm slightly worried about the ridiculously long next gen loading times - especially between fight finishing and the post match celebrations. Kills the mood a little.

Looks nice though and reversals are done well.

Yeah - To be honest, I thought with it being next gen, we'd be able to go almost straight into the music playing/celebrations. If not that, then at the very least, entrances for the Elimination Chamber.

I'm slightly worried about the ridiculously long next gen loading times - especially between fight finishing and the post match celebrations. Kills the mood a little.

Yeah - To be honest, I thought with it being next gen, we'd be able to go almost straight into the music playing/celebrations. If not that, then at the very least, entrances for the Elimination Chamber.

It's the same on PS2, trust me. I'm only still playing it now because I hate returning a game 'because it was shit'.

If you guys couldn't win Last Man Standing or tag matches easily on the previous games you must really suck >_>

LMS matches were always easy, it's tag team matches I always hated.

Partners not jumping to let you make the 3 count, and their disability to save your from a pin.

Managers were better help than tag partners.

My loading times are fine :s

Elimination Chamber matches are still pretty annoying, but more because the CPU does nothing but Irish whip you if youre in the ring.

I like the game, but 24/7 Mode (as a superstar) blows. I won the #1 Contender spot from Cena at Backlash (also feuding with Edge & Nitro) but now im feuding with Nitro again over a spot in a movie!? Stupid!

Problem is, it seems I have to do it just to get cash to buy people.

Can you get cash as a GM!?

It's the same on PS2, trust me. I'm only still playing it now because I hate returning a game 'because it was shit'.

My loading times are fine :s

Elimination Chamber matches are still pretty annoying, but more because the CPU does nothing but Irish whip you if youre in the ring.

I like the game, but 24/7 Mode (as a superstar) blows. I won the #1 Contender spot from Cena at Backlash (also feuding with Edge & Nitro) but now im feuding with Nitro again over a spot in a movie!? Stupid!

Problem is, it seems I have to do it just to get cash to buy people.

Can you get cash as a GM!?

Cheap trick, Sim all the way past 'Mania and make a load of cash, do something else whilst it does it and check back every five minutes or so to make sure there's no decisions.

If you guys couldn't win Last Man Standing or tag matches easily on the previous games you must really suck >_>

Partners not jumping to let you make the 3 count, and their disability to save your from a pin.

LMS sucked becaus the CPU seemed to get up whenever he wanted, it wassent hart to win em, it just took forever (while the player was down for 10 much sooner). I agree on tag team matches, 2 on 1 no tag still are a pain.

In match ballance is still way of, i wish that there would be a point whre someone is just dead for minutes or something, but even if you fall of a lader out of the ring you will get up soon enough in every match that has more than 2 wrestlers.

Why are the divas character models seen in the loading screens, but are apparently not playable? And how do you switch between special attributes mid match (I heard you could do that ... i.e. from Dirty to Showman)?

Isn't that when you have enough momentum and hold L1 and L2 (On PS3 anyway) to change to the preferred style of the wrestler you're using?

I've got a few silly questions...(X-Box 360 btw)

How do you reverse diving moves? On the previous games you'd press the reverse button just as he was about to connect with you. Now that does nothing, when are you suppose to press it?

How the feck do you change who you are looking at!?! It doesn't say anywhere in the manual how to do it!

Why is 24/7 mode so annoying? You get injured, the medical team tell you not to wrestle...but you don't have a choice. Case in point, I got a severe back injury and one move got me red, another move had me lose. Gay.

A more generic question for the X-Box; how do you put music on there? You can't do it from a USB, I guess you have to copy it onto a CD right?