Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

Woah I wish I saw this rock band topic earlier. I personally think I am pretty good at Rock Band

Vocals: Expert all on default setlist. Cant do some of the downloaded

Drums: Expert all on normal setlist except for a few. All downloaded (that I have) except Blackened, Indestructable and Inside The Fire.. And BYOB

Bass: All Expert

Guitar: Alle xpert but GGAHT and Flirting with Disaster and a few select downloaded ones.

If anybody wants they can add me on Xbox live and play some with me. I usually play drums or vocals (with my guitar having a messed whammy and solo keys). I accept all friend requests and I'm on a good ammount.

My gamertag is: Aaronicitya

Also at PAX... well, I'm not sure if it was an official announcement as such because I'm not following Rock Band 2 stuff closely, but at the Harmonix panel one of the developers mentioned Rock Band 2's successor to the Endless Setlist function; the Bladder of Steel mode. To pass, you have to beat every song in the game without either failing or pausing the game even once. I can't wait to see how long it takes for some complete lunatics to actually beat it.

New update available for the 360, PS3 forthcoming.

Hey all,

So there is a 360 title update coming out for Rock Band today, PS3 will follow and we'll let you know when we have an idea when it will drop. What's in it? A couple of things.

First of all - it updates RB1 so you will still be able to purchase DLC from the Rock Band store. Downloading this patch is required if you'd still like to do that.

Second - Lowers the threshold on gold stars making it easier/possible to gold star songs. This won't affect leaderboards as it only affects the threshold, not the score.

Third - Lately a few songs have had unhittable notes. This should be fixed now.

Lastly - It will allow you to export your songs from the RB1 disc to the hard drive for play in Rock Band 2. Official language follows for this feature-

Nominal fee of $4.99 (400 Microsoft points) required for export of Rock Band 1 soundtrack to compensate music licensors for expanded use.The following Rock Band disc tracks will not be available for export into Rock Band 2: * "Paranoid" as made famous by Black Sabbath, * “Run to the Hills” as made famous by Iron Maiden, and "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. In addition, the title update will also be released simultaneously in Europe. Tokio Hotel’s “Through the Monsoon” from the European disc release of Rock Band will not be available for export into the future European release of Rock Band 2. (* Indicates a cover song, all other songs are original master recordings.) Expanded usage rights for these particular tracks were unable to be secured from the music licensors for this feature.

Also at PAX... well, I'm not sure if it was an official announcement as such because I'm not following Rock Band 2 stuff closely, but at the Harmonix panel one of the developers mentioned Rock Band 2's successor to the Endless Setlist function; the Bladder of Steel mode. To pass, you have to beat every song in the game without either failing or pausing the game even once. I can't wait to see how long it takes for some complete lunatics to actually beat it.

Oh fuck yeah.

The following Rock Band disc tracks will not be available for export into Rock Band 2: * "Paranoid" as made famous by Black Sabbath, * “Run to the Hills” as made famous by Iron Maiden, and "Enter Sandman" by Metallica

Oh fuck no.

DLC for 9/9

ALL THAT REMAINS 3 PACK - $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points)

THIS CALLING - $.99 (80 Microsoft Points)

CHIRON $.99 (80 Microsoft Points)

TWO WEEKS $.99 (80 Microsoft Points)

Haven't heard the last two as they're off the new album, but This Calling is good in my book for the last DLC I'll play on RB1 before RB2 comes out next Sunday.

DLC for 9/9

ALL THAT REMAINS 3 PACK - $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points)

THIS CALLING - $.99 (80 Microsoft Points)

CHIRON $.99 (80 Microsoft Points)

TWO WEEKS $.99 (80 Microsoft Points)

Haven't heard the last two as they're off the new album, but This Calling is good in my book for the last DLC I'll play on RB1 before RB2 comes out next Sunday.

Lucky for some. :(

Also, after hearing it wont be on the list of transferable songs, I listened to Monsoon a bit and am now hooked. Damnut.

soooo loyal EWBers, I figured I'd ask your advice on this. I loved Guitar Hero 2 when it came out.. Loved it. But... I can hardly ever complete any songs on Hard or Expert... I've loved the idea of Rock Band since the first one came out and have wanted it since then... and with 200+ songs and 500+ once Rock Band 2 comes out, That'd keep me busy on Medium for quite some time. Problem is, I don't know if I can justify spending $120 on a game, especially one im not very good at, but have fun playing (unless every song on the game is fucking AEROSMITH....)... should I pick up Rock band or no?

Edited by JairusCain

Pick up the game, but you don't need the bundle unless you want to sing and play drums too, as I'm assuming you already have a guitar.

You can always buy the instruments later when you have more money.

Also, buy Rock Band 2, because the DLC will all work with it as well. You just won't be able to have the Rock Band 1 tracks.

Rock Band is to Guitar Hero as a delicious juicy steak dinner is to a plate of dog shit. Of course you should buy Rock Band. If you have 360 GH instruments, you don't even need to buy the full RB package unless you want to sing and drum.