Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

Aaaaaargh!

I just played FWD for about an hour, and still crash out AT THE SAME POINT EVERY TIME.

Practise didn't help. Using the smaller buttons on the stratocaster didn't help. This is really annoying.

In an attempt to cheer myself up after getting frustrated with the solo tour, I tried the online modes for the first time.

When I can find players [not a given] the bastards all quit the game midway through the song when they start to lose. What the fuck? That sucks. I only managed to complete one song [out of about 5 attempts], and I lost that game by the narrowest of margins after we both 100%ed the song.

Whilst local multiplayer is a blast on Rock Band, online needs revamping to stop people quitting out - that is annoying.

And FWD is too fucking hard.

Apparently they fixed the quitting issue on Rock Band 2 as I saw this on Scorehero: "When you quit it shows a message that you could gewt reported for doing so and when someone quits on you... you get a message for easy win!"

So they can get reported (what happens next I don't know) and you get credit for the win unlike Rock Band 1.

So I get Rock Band 2 today... come home, power goes out in the entire city of Cincinnati - literally, the largest power outage in history of the city. Out for over 12 hours... hilarious.

As for clothes, I bet more will unlock as you play, and who knows, they may add some in an update.

So I get Rock Band 2 today... come home, power goes out in the entire city of Cincinnati - literally, the largest power outage in history of the city. Out for over 12 hours... hilarious.

As for clothes, I bet more will unlock as you play, and who knows, they may add some in an update.

I have unlocked more clothes from doing the challenges, then i have doing the Actual Tour. Dunno what the deal with that is, hell doing the challenges is easier to get cash than doing tour.

• Admin

Picked up Rock Band for the PS3 this weekend (finally it comes out) - it's really quite enjoyable. And the other half seems to have a natural knack for the drums.

Good to see the DLC will be cross-compatible too. Will have to look into importing RB2 rather than wait for a UK release date.

Oh man, just had an awesome set with a drummer and guitarist on the Online World Tour, and the leader chose Chop Suey and Battery for make a setlist. Needless to say we failed Chop Suey the first time around, and we barely made it through Battery, but we did, so that was cool.

That reminds me, does anyone want to get an EWB band or something going on? I always found it more enjoyable playing with people I sorta know than random people.

I had you in mind for whatever this band would be, especially since you can play damn near all the instruments at Expert level for the most part. I'll start on the vocals sometime this week, right now I'm working on getting a lot of stars to unlock The Endless Setlist 2, and see if some of those secret achievements are the familiar Platinum/Gold/Vinyl artist ones.

I'd be all for an EWB band... but um... yeah I'm still working on Medium on guitar... lol

Side Note: What the hell is up with 80% of the songs' vocal tracks being damn near inaudible? I never noticed such a thing on Rock Band 1, but now on Rock Band new, almost every song I play, I can hardly hear the vocals. I'm only playing on guitar at the moment, and oddly enough, not being able to hear/make out the majority of the vocals is really starting to irritate me...

And in case you're wondering, I have the Instruments and Vocal Track both turned all the way in the Audio/Video Options sections.

Edited by JairusCain

If you need someone else for the EWB band I can join, but you are probably looking for an all expert level band. I can get by on expert guitar/bass but drums I can only do well on hard. I have started to attempt expert once again (on Rock Band 1 I got up to the tier with the Fall Out Boy song and gave up as it was impossible) but the song that has given me trouble is the one with the constant three-in-a-row kicks. I think the Go-Go's? I failed that as my leg just gave out at the end. Then I failed the song after that, Elvis Costello's song then I just stopped as my leg was tired. So yeah, if you want an all expert then I will not be the best option. But I'd rather just play drums and with ragbag on expert, he probably is the better option for you.

Declaration of Independence reading gets perfect vocal score in Rock Band 2

Wow...this is just odd.

Speaking of the bands though, is the tour now interchangable? I've read that you can now just switch to whatever instrument when you want, so could we do so much with, say, Kaney Guitar, Me Bass and Dragsy Drums and then have me switch to Vocals and add in Ad on Bass?

Unlike Rock Band, which segregated the single-player Solo Tour mode and the multiplayer Band World Tour mode, Rock Band 2 features a single "Tour Mode" that makes no distinction of the number of players. Any combination of 1–4 players, both online and local, can create a band composed of the player(s)' virtual characters. A band leader is no longer necessary, allowing the characters within the band lineup to change at will, as well as swap instruments.

I'm not picking up the new drum set unless it has a feature that makes me not suck, so I'll be sticking with Guitar.

And bass, I suppose.