Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

As much as I enjoy Democracy, it's absolutely criminal to think it would get an album release over Appetite for Destruction.

I could do with a three pack of songs from the new album... but the whole album is overkill when that same band has released a classic album that isn't in the game yet.

Besides... Appetite's songs are much more fun to sing along with.

As much as I enjoy Democracy, it's absolutely criminal to think it would get an album release over Appetite for Destruction.

I could do with a three pack of songs from the new album... but the whole album is overkill when that same band has released a classic album that isn't in the game yet.

Besides... Appetite's songs are much more fun to sing along with.

This might be true but then again.. Guitar Hero has Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, etc. I believe Axl is trying to promote Democracy a little bit. The "Better" video has been confirmed and still under production. Getting the album out is a huge way to promote people to buy the album.

I can't wait to play Scraped or Better. I'm pumped up for Democracy's release. Got my 360's all working again and I enjoyed playing Shackler's Revenge. Got at least 98% for each instrument. I also love the BYOB tracks released.

I don't mind Chinese Democracy being an album in the game, it's just you'd figure that it'd have been far better promotion to release the Rock Band album around the same time as the CD. Now a good portion of people are 'burnt out' from listening to the CD for some time and it's moment seems to have passed it probably won't be anywhere as big as Death Magnetic on DLC

And now for the 'what the fuck?' moment of the week, Snoop Dogg is coming to Rock Band.

MTV AND SNOOP DOGG GET DOWN TO BUSINESS; UNPRECEDENTED DEAL CROSSES THE GLOBE WITH TV, ROCK BAND® AND NEW MUSIC

“Dogg After Dark” to Premiere Tuesday, February 17th at 9pm ET/PT on MTV

New York, NY – February TK, 2009 – MTV and icon, record producer, entrepreneur and actor, Snoop Dogg today announced a first-of-its kind global deal that will bring the entertainers’ personality to television in a new variety talk show, “Dogg After Dark,” and his music to fans with a new album release and into the best-selling music video game Rock Band®.

Premiering on Tuesday, February 17th at 9pm ET/PT on MTV, Snoop Dogg will host “Dogg After Dark,” a new jam packed weekly variety talk show from Los Angeles hotspot Kress on Hollywood Boulevard. “Dogg After Dark” will bring his Doggystyle swagger to the airwaves with raw interviews with A-list celebrities and musicians, hilarious sketch-comedy segments and musical performances from the hottest artists. The show will air every Tuesday night for seven weeks and feature Snoop’s own in-house band, the “Snoopadelics.”

“When Van Toffler and I sat down Boss to Boss, a global quintuple threat takeover was masterminded. As the world of entertainment keeps changing, we felt it was the right time to let Snoop Dogg back on MTV so we could continue to run thangs with music, movies, DVDs and bring Hip-Hop to Rock Band." said Snoop Dogg. "So screw ya wigz on tight and tune in on Tuesday nights for the first step to the next level of Snoop D-O double G. Dogg after Dark is the only nightclub tv show hosted by you know who. So take a journey with me through the mind, body, soul and musical mindstate of the most prolific, authentic game spitter. And tha sh*t is funny, so show me da money!”

"Snoop has been a mainstay across MTV screens for over a decade by pushing the boundaries of hip-hop with his signature antics, incredible catalogue of music, legendary videos, larger than life personality and even a little controversy," said Van Toffler, President, MTV Networks Music / Films / Logo Groups. "I can't even begin to imagine MTV, my tumultuous career and several raging ulcers without the Dogg being such a big part of our history. He is an undeniable international superstar whose talent and work transcend music, tv and film and we look forward to launching this new multidimensional partnership with the Doggfather."

“From iconic VMA performances to DoggyFizzle Televizzle and everything imaginable in between, MTV has always been a home for Snoop's music and comedic expressions and will continue to be that through this exciting new partnership,” said Amy Doyle, Executive Vice President of Music and Talent for MTV.

The Grammy-Award nominated rapper’s unprecedented deal with MTV will let loose Snoop Dogg’s upcoming, new album, Malice In Wonderland, with global distribution, marketing and promotion. Featuring some seemingly unlikely musical guests, the album will feature tracks by Dr Dre, Pharrell and Lalo Shifrin, is scheduled to be released later this year. In addition, songs from Snoop Dogg’s impressive catalogue of hits will be released on MTV’s hot-selling Rock Band® music video game platform.

“Dogg After Dark” is Executive Produced by Snoop Dogg. Tony DiBari, Tim Healy and Karen Frank are Executive Producers for MTV. Matt Parillo is Executive in Charge of Production. Leslie Greif and Adam Freeman of the Greif Company are Executive Producers. Ted Chung and Constance Schwartz of Snoopadelic Pictures are Executive Producers.

I took it to mean a new album release into Rock Band. So it'll only be stuff you know if you know the new stuff. Or did I read that wrong?

I'll never get to see stuff I know unless they start pumping out early 2000's DLC from limp bizkit, Sum41, AAF and Papa Roach <_< Still, least I've got my Oasis.

I played RB2 a few weeks ago at a mates house. I did ok considering I'd never played it or any of it's predecessors before. I tended to rock the fuck out of stuff I knew on guitar - and occasionally vocals (the best being White Wedding, where I started off Billy Idol but got carried away and ended up Murderdolls). But lots of the stuff I'd never heard, so it was a bit iffy. Was quite funny though, my mate pointed out afterwards (yes, afterwards, how useful of him) that I was using my picking hand as you would for a bass guitar (thumb above the 'strings', with two fingers resting on them) because I own a bass and piss about on it some times, so I guess it felt natural. Still, didn't seem to matter, in fact it seemed to help.

2/17 DLC

Turbonegro – Wasted Again

White Zombie – More Human Than Human

White Zombie – Black Sunshine

All tracks are original master recordings.

These tracks will be $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) a piece.

You can find these songs in the Xbox Live Marketplace on Tues Feb 17th, and in the Playstation Store on Thurs Feb 19th.

Edited by Fitzy

OK, I asked a few questions earlier and got some response but there's still a little bit I don't get about Rock Band that I hope someone can clear up with me

1) If I buy a new Hard Drive for my Xbox, can I re-download all my songs for free that I've already bought as long as I sign into Xbox Live first?

2) What about Song Packs? If I enter their code onto a Hard Drive, and the Hard Drive crashes... are those songs lost?

3) Following on from 2, I'm only keeping Rock Band 1 atm so I can stick the new songs on a new Hard Drive, Is there any other song apart from Enter Sandman that I actually lose that's worth anything? I know there's a version of Tom Sawyer I'll just end up downloading in the end, and I'm not fussed about a 6 minute Metallica song, when half the fun I have is DEVO <_<

It's just I'm currently stuck with the AGE OLD 20GB Hard Drive of old, which fits about 13GB of actual data on it, I've bought plenty of Rock Band songs but want to know if I can easily transfer stuff over.

Just wondering, how many of you actually prefer playing simple synth rock as opposed to the likes of Megadeth or whatnot? It seems every song I buy is a waste because I end up finishing it far too easily, yet I find myself repeating the likes of DEVO and No Doubt whenever I want to have a little easy jam about.

2/24 DLC

Drive By Truckers: 3 Dimes Down

Lucinda Williams: Can't Let Go

Neko Case: People Got a Lot of Nerve

Old 97s: Time Bomb (LIVE)

Steve Earle: Satellite Radio

Jimmy Eat World: Futures

Jimmy Eat World: Lucky Denver Mint

Jimmy Eat World: Sweetness

All tracks are masters.

Price

$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track

$8.49 (680 Microsoft Points) for Alt Country Pack

$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for Jimmy Eat World Pack

Release Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 (Xbox) and Thursday, February 26, 2009 (PS3)