Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

The only time I've ever had any minor temptation to even consider buying country for RB was when they busted out the Neko Case tracks. Less country, more rockabilly or something if you really want something like that.

It's not that it's country that bothers me... it's that it's Toby Keith.

Fuck Toby Keith in his stupid fucking asshole, with one of those god damn black panther dildo's, which are like five feet long and wider than Hulk Hogan's 24 inch pythons.

Eh, I've softened on Toby Keith slightly over the past year mostly because of his willingness to mock himself (the Colbert Christmas special, for example). But this is still incredibly lame.

I know I've said it before, but I feel strongly that when you're expanding into new genres, you should be going to the classics of said genres as the initial packs. At least then, you're crossing boundaries by having stuff in there that, even though a lot of us may not be country music fans, we can still very much appreciate and have respect for. Either that, or stuff that's just funny.

I brought up before, stuff like Johnny Cash, Hank Williams and even Garth Brooks as the former... with the latter including stuff like Billy Ray Cyrus.

Instead, they're giving us stuff like Toby Keith. I understand that he's popular, but anybody who isn't a "new country" fan, is going to shit all over it. There's no respect for him outside of his fanbase, and there's nothing there with a novelty value to it.

On the plus side, there's supposed to be at least 3 more songs released next week, and unless they're Big and Rich, it can't get any worse.

I can't help but think Johnny Cash would mostly be pretty boring on Rock Band, though. I love him, of course, but yeah. I don't know if there are any of his songs that I would outright get a kick out of playing on anything other than vocals (maybe "Cocaine Blues" or "Orange Blossom Special").

As Kaney wasn't sure, I thought I'd ask for definite in here. If I rent Rock Band, and then pay a little bit of money, I can transfer the majority of the songs over from Rock Band to Rock Band 2, correct? If I can get away with that, I'd rather not buy Rock Band.

As well as Toby Keith we have:

* "Warriors of Time" -- Black Tide (160MSP/$2)

* "Waking The Demon" -- Bullet For My Valentine (160MSP/$2)

* "New Slang" -- The Shins (160MSP/$2)

I was just about to burst in with AT LONG LAST IT'S CRASHED, IT'S COLOSSAL MASS but that's the other Shin song I know. Curse you Garden State.

Apparently the following songs are going to be released for Unplugged for the PSP before being made available on the other platforms:

3 Doors Down - "Kryptonite"

AFI - "Miss Murder"

Alice in Chains - "Would?"

Audioslave - "Gasoline"

Black Tide - "Show Me the Way"

Blink 182 - "What's My Age Again"

Freezepop - "Less Talk More Rokk"

Jackson 5 - "ABC"

Tenacious D - "Rock Your Socks"

It's worth it just for ABC :wub:.