Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

You can preview about 40 seconds of all songs

I'd heartily recommend you preview:

• The Slip - Even Rats (popular song from GH2)
  • Bill B's Earthworks - Footloose and Fancy Free (YOU CAN SING SAXAPHONE!)
  • KMFDM - Drug Against War (industrial thrash)
  • Amberian Dawn - Both tracks
  • Steve Vai songs
  • Ron Wasserman songs (This is the guy who did the Power Rangers theme tune, and Revengers is his way of trying to get that 'feel' into a song after he couldn't use the Power Rangers theme)
  • Stroke 9
  • Flogging Molly songs
  • Glass Hammer songs
  • Alias Unkown - Top Back (hip hop that works? awesome)

That should keep you going for a while, there's also a genre thing within the game that helps you sort into things you might like.

Cambridge, Mass. – March 5, 2009 – Harmonix and MTV Games today announced that a three pack of songs from fan favorites The White Stripes, as well as singles from The Futureheads, The James Gang, Shaimus, and the one and only Hockey Theme Song, will be added next week to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™.

These are among the more than 400 artists currently available through the Rock Band platform. With more than 1,100 songs available, Rock Band is, without question, the industry leader in providing the best selection of interactive musical content, songs and artists.

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 System and Wii

Brother/sister duo The White Stripes will release a second three pack of some of their most loved songs on Rock Band next week. The band, composed of Jack White (of The Dead Weather and The Raconteurs, both featured in Rock Band) and Meg White, has sold more than 12 million albums worldwide and has won five Grammy Awards, including three for Best Alternative Music Album. “The White Stripes Pack 02” will feature “Fell in Love with a Girl,” from 2001’s White Blood Cells; “Seven Nation Army,” from 2002’s Grammy Award-winning Elephant; and “You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As Your Told),” from 2007’s Grammy Award-winning Icky Thump. A tour documentary titled “The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights” debuted at the Toronto International Film Festival September 2009 and is currently making the festival rounds to rave reviews. The film, directed by Emmett Malloy, is a visual and emotional documentation of The White Stripes making their way through Canada where they played every province and territory, culminating with their 10th anniversary show in Nova Scotia. “The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights” is available to purchase as a standalone DVD/Blu-Ray or as part of a limited edition box set and will be released March 16. To pre-order either version and to find screenings of the film at a theater near you, please visit www.whitestripes.com.

Post-punk English rockers The Futureheads, who are currently touring England, make their Rock Band debut next week with “Decent Days & Nights” and “Hounds of Love,” both from the band’s debut, self-named album. Sixties rockers The James Gang offer up “Walk Away,” and “All of This” and “Tie You Down” from Shaimus, as well as Neil Peart’s “The Hockey Theme” will also be available next week in the Rock Band Music Store.

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (March 9) and PlayStation 3 system (March 11):

The Futureheads – “Decent Days & Nights” +

The Futureheads – “Hounds of Love” +

The James Gang – “Walk Away” +

Neil Peart – “The Hockey Theme” + *

Shaimus – “All of This” + *

Shaimus – “Tie You Down” + *

The White Stripes – “Fell in Love with a Girl” +

The White Stripes – “Seven Nation Army”

The White Stripes – “You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told)” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “The White Stripes Pack 02”as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “The White Stripes Pack 02”

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

Tracks marked with “*” are 99 cents per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Eh, I'll probably get the White Stripes pack, since some of the guys I play with like them, but there's nothing here that jumps out at me.

So having got a new Xbox (which ended up being free ¬_¬) I downloaded the following RBN songs

Ultra Saturday - Superhero (like Blink 182 but good >_>)

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies

Alias Unknown - Top Back

Marillion - That song they've released...

DnA's Evolution - The Heist (drum solo is AWESOME)

coming to the grand total of 400 points... which would normally net me 2 1/2 songs

There's still that Jazz song and Between the Buried and Me that's incredibly tempting...

I'm gonna need moar monies :(

"All of This" by Shaimus was one of my favorite Guitar Hero 1 "who the hell is -- ooh this is fun" tracks. It tempts me, slightly.

It's still incredibly fun and the solo is still a bitch to get right (but still excellent to play). For a combined 160MSP, the Shaimus tracks are worth it since I've got both and enjoyed them a lot. I can tell they're going to be the type of song that pops up on a mystery setlist that makes you go "Oh, I've not played this in forever and it's still awesome"

Also, Lady Gaga 4-pack next week is the best DLC announcement since Queen.

• Like 1

Just played Beatles Rock Band at a friend's house, it's brilliant! And I don't even like the Beatles much! Drumming is loads of fun, as is singing (apart from the pussies who hum the thing). No Help kind of sucked, though. The background animations are great too. I think I once blasted this, or maybe Guitar Hero, so I take that back because playing with 4 people is freaking awesome.

I need to get this, but I don't have enough space to put all the instruments. :(

3/16 DLC

Lady Gaga – “Bad Romance”

Lady Gaga – “Just Dance”

Lady Gaga – “Monster”

Lady Gaga – “Poker Face”

3 Doors Down – “It’s Not My Time”

Mute Math – “Control”

South Park – “Poker Face (Cartman version)”

The Subways – “Oh Yeah”

The Subways – “Rock & Roll Queen”

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Lady Gaga Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Lady Gaga Pack 01”

3/23 DLC

• X – “Blue Spark” +

• X – “The Hungry Wolf”

• X – “I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts”

• X – “Los Angeles”

• Little Fish – “Am I Crazy” +

• Little Fish – “Bang Bang” *

• Little Fish – “Darling Dear” *

• Ace Frehley – “Outer Space”

• Carrie Underwood – “All-American Girl” +

• OneRepublic – “Stop & Stare” +

These tracks will be available for purchase as “X Pack 01,” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store. “Am I Crazy” will be available only on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and will be a free track.

Price:

$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “X Pack 01”

* Denotes $.99, £.59 UK, €.79 EU (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360)

You might want to have a little peek at http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/03/25/jimi-hendrix-coming-to-rock-band-with-full-axis-album-more-exclusives-to-follow/

It says that the 30-3-10 DLC will be the entire Axis of Love album by Jimi Hendrix. Plus a single from Valleys of Neptune.

So if we take out Fire (that was in Lego: Rock Band) we have...

“Up From the Skies”

“Spanish Castle Magic”

“Wait Until Tomorrow”

“Ain’t No Telling”

“Little Wing”

“If 6 Was 9″

“You Got Me Floatin’”

“Castles Made of Sand”

“She’s So Fine”

“One Rainy Wish”

“Little Miss Lover”

“Bold As Love”

“Valleys of Neptune”

And have a little look at this quote

Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitarist of all timeand current Rolling Stone cover star, and now RScan reveal that his legendary albums are coming exclusively to Rock Band with a wave of downloadable content thanks to Harmonix, MTV Games and Experience Hendrix.