Today I went out and bought....

I just bought Rainbow Six Vegas today after liking the demo. Im not too far into it but it's pretty enjoyable, I had one go at Online earlier and the host kicked me for killing him in Survival mode, unless I'm missing something fragging a guy isn't reason to be kicked(Im not totally clued up on FPS Online Etiquette though so perhaps Im wrong)

A few days before that I bought Bully, Prey and Family Guy. FG is pretty bad, though Prey so far has been really impressive, not so much the gameplay as the originality and how its set up. Bully is the most fun Ive had on my PS2 in ages.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gears.jpg ( 157.93k ) Number of downloads: 0

I am least impressed with Gears Of War. Gears is not my cup of tea at all, and to me it is the Xbox360 equivalent of Metal Gear Solid on the PlayStation. More than just sharing the word 'Gear' in the title, they are also similar in that they will both collect dust on my shelf despite their rave reviews. I think Gears takes itself too seriously, with gameplay that moves at a slow pace and is laden with lengthy cut-scenes. I'm not too fond on the stealthier shooters, and don't particularly care for the graphics (especially as I don't have a HD TV) but after reading all these reviews for Gears Of War; I expected just a little bit more from it.

No, I think its graphics are tremendous. The problem is that I don't care for these amazing graphics (and the lack of a HDTV means I cannot fully experience the cinematic cut-scenes as they are intended anyway). I'd rather play something like Hexic, but then that's just my personal preference when it comes to games.

Resident Evil on the Playstation was just as infuriating, because that forced you to sit through cut scene after cut scene. I much prefer a game like Crackdown, where you can do as you choose. GOW has a predetermined path, and IMO is too much of a story/film and not enough of a game.

Online is much better, you are right (although I suck at it lol)

As for Viva Pinata, I didn't get it in the end. £45 ($89)? I think not. HMV have it advertised online at £30, but is priced at £45 in store. What the fuck?

No, I think its graphics are tremendous. The problem is that I don't care for these amazing graphics (and the lack of a HDTV means I cannot fully experience the cinematic cut-scenes as they are intended anyway). I'd rather play something like Hexic, but then that's just my personal preference when it comes to games.

Resident Evil on the Playstation was just as infuriating, because that forced you to sit through cut scene after cut scene. I much prefer a game like Crackdown, where you can do as you choose. GOW has a predetermined path, and IMO is too much of a story/film and not enough of a game.

Online is much better, you are right (although I suck at it lol)

As for Viva Pinata, I didn't get it in the end. £45 ($89)? I think not. HMV have it advertised online at £30, but is priced at £45 in store. What the fuck?

Guest Ringy Said Knock You Out

I've purchased Resistance and the Godfather for the PS3. Resistance is surprisingly fun for an FPS.

I shall buy all the PS3 games that don't suck :shifty:

VP is £25 in Argos on it's own or £40 if you get another selected game with it. I got Oblivion and VP couple of weeks ago in the deal.

I would be catious over buying it though, doesn't your GF like the Sims alot? She'll hog the 360 with VP if you get it. :P

Edited by King A-List

Bought Star Trek : 25th Anniversary and Star Trek : Judgment Rites for $8 at a yard sale. So far 25th Anniversary has been a blast. Can't get past the two pirate ships but they'll meet their maker soon enough.

Judgment Rites won't work at all though guess because I'm using xp. thought it was a good deal though

I wasted hours and hours of my life on those.

Clocked them a couple of times. good stuff.

Boom Boom Rocket

I bought this game last night and thought I'd write up what I thought about it for this thread, because not everyone will be like Krauser and send me a PM to ask me what I think of it.

It's shockingly good. My favourite game on the Xbox Live Arcade service is Geometry Wars, and this is made by the same people and has a similar vibe to it. I assume this plays in a similar fashion to Guitar Hero, but without the immense price tag associated with all the controller peripherals you have to buy to play it. As such, I'd happily recommend it to people like myself that like the concept behind the Guitar Hero franchise, but don't have the money to spend on it. I'm not going to suggest that Boom Boom Rocket is as good as Guitar Hero, far from it, but as far as cheaper alternatives go - this isn't bad at all.

I dig the simplistic gameplay and classical music. I dig the multiplayer aspect, and the pick-up and play factor. (Easy is accessible for EVERYONE, whilst Hard is only for those for three hands and those that don't mind using a fourth hand to waft away the steam rising from the controller, such is the speed of the hectic level of difficulty.)

Its plus sides are that it is a cheap alternative to the more expensive rhythm games, and is good family fun the likes of which I haven't seen since we discovered 'Bop It'.

Thumbs up, 800 Microsoft Points well spent in my opinion. Great fun.

Boom Boom Rocket

I bought this game last night and thought I'd write up what I thought about it for this thread, because not everyone will be like Krauser and send me a PM to ask me what I think of it.

It's shockingly good. My favourite game on the Xbox Live Arcade service is Geometry Wars, and this is made by the same people and has a similar vibe to it. I assume this plays in a similar fashion to Guitar Hero, but without the immense price tag associated with all the controller peripherals you have to buy to play it. As such, I'd happily recommend it to people like myself that like the concept behind the Guitar Hero franchise, but don't have the money to spend on it. I'm not going to suggest that Boom Boom Rocket is as good as Guitar Hero, far from it, but as far as cheaper alternatives go - this isn't bad at all.

I dig the simplistic gameplay and classical music. I dig the multiplayer aspect, and the pick-up and play factor. (Easy is accessible for EVERYONE, whilst Hard is only for those for three hands and those that don't mind using a fourth hand to waft away the steam rising from the controller, such is the speed of the hectic level of difficulty.)

Its plus sides are that it is a cheap alternative to the more expensive rhythm games, and is good family fun the likes of which I haven't seen since we discovered 'Bop It'.

Thumbs up, 800 Microsoft Points well spent in my opinion. Great fun.