Counterstrike Responsible for Virginia Tech Massacre

PkmnTrainerJ

I think a lot of what he says is actually quite sensible. I stubbed my toe this morning, clearly this was because I've been playing too much Pro Evolution Soccer, clearly. Yesterday when I dropped my keys and said "fuck"? That was down to GTA.

Guest digrind

Jack Thompson: never one to miss the chance to hijack a passing bandwagon.

This is just more negative attention for him, since everyone pretty well knows he's an idiot.

It's already been proven that Cho Seung Hoi didn't have a single video game or console in his possession and his roommates said they never saw him play. Dr. Phil also made the assumption on Larry King that the guy played games and was called out on it. It's funny to watch the vultures swoop in, but it's even funnier to see them humiliated days later.

It's already been proven that Cho Seung Hoi didn't have a single video game or console in his possession and his roommates said they never saw him play. Dr. Phil also made the assumption on Larry King that the guy played games and was called out on it. It's funny to watch the vultures swoop in, but it's even funnier to see them humiliated days later.

Dr. Phil is just about the worst of the worst when it comes to someone playing the blame game. My mom was watching one of his episodes once and we both pointed how hypocritical Phil is when it comes to using others pain for profit. And well, good ole Jack is just senile so he can be forgiven.

EDIT: I just remembered that it was the episode where he had on the director of Bum Fights.

Edited by Professor X

Damn, Counterstrike, eh?

I was certain Thompson was going to use the campus from GTA3 and LCS to further his arguements against the evils of video games. I mean, it's a campus, you can shoot people on it...that would be a reasonable arguement.

Just face facts, people like Jack Thompson know nothing about videogames other than a picture that they saw in a magazine, and they draw their own conclusions. I forget who it was, I think maybe Tipper Gore or Lieberman cried out in protest against Duke Nukem 3D saying that you get extra points for killing women. That's when the game designers stepped in and said "Well....there isn't a point system, and second, killing women is advised against in the game because if you do, you have to fight more monsters."

I mean, c'mon. If it's not music, it's movies, and if it's not movies, it's video games. To Jack Thompson, whatever happened to people being fucked up?

If World War 3 ever happens, I'm going to blame Missile Command.

I am a pretty avid Counter-Strike player, so I hope nobody pisses me off. ;)

Seriously though, just because you are good at moving a mouse and clicking, doesn't mean you are the ultimate killing machine, nor does it mean you wish to become one either.

Maybe they should give all CSS players (myself included) a body suit, and every time you get shot in game, you would get a small zap at that location. That could be awesome, imagine all of the fried pubes.

Edited by KrisClassic

I am a pretty avid Counter-Strike player, so I hope nobody pisses me off. ;)

Seriously though, just because you are good at moving a mouse and clicking, doesn't mean you are the ultimate killing machine, nor does it mean you wish to become one either.

Maybe they should give all CSS players (myself included) a body suit, and every time you get shot in game, you would get a small zap at that location. That could be awesome, imagine all of the fried pubes.

Oh how wrong you are.

Just face facts, people like Jack Thompson know nothing about videogames other than a picture that they saw in a magazine, and they draw their own conclusions. I forget who it was, I think maybe Tipper Gore or Lieberman cried out in protest against Duke Nukem 3D saying that you get extra points for killing women. That's when the game designers stepped in and said "Well....there isn't a point system, and second, killing women is advised against in the game because if you do, you have to fight more monsters."

I always saw it as putting those poor broads out of their misery :shifty:

Well, the ones that say "Kill Me", anyways. :shifty:

I think it was them, and to a lesser extent, the Hitler robot suit that had me thinking cyborg zombie nazis. Now I know that angle hasn't actually been taken, I've got a game to write.