Solo Gigging

Iain76er

depends on the gig. if it's one you'll be standing somewhere watching, you'll be bored. if it's a band you like & will be right in the crowd, rocking along, you wont notice you're alone anyway.

Edited by sumSUM

I went to see Metallica at Reading Festival, and i went to the toilet before they went on and couldn't be bothered to find my way to them in amongst the thousands when i got back, so i just went down toward the front on my own for the whole set.

Ended up having a better time seeing them than i probably would have if i was with my mates, since Metallica are my favourite band and none of my mates were really into them. It was more fun be amongst a load of others singing along etc, so you should enjoy it just as much if it's that type of situation.

I went to see Muse by myself. I was standing, so it was actually less of a burden because I didn't have to think about where other people were.

There's a gig I want to go to, but no one else wants to go. What I want to know is if going to gigs alone a done thing, or will all the popular people there laugh at me?

Yeah you better be careful about that, you might end up having no date for the Apple Pie Prom. And then how will you become Prom King then? HOW?!?!?!

Yeah, there's no such thing as popular people in the context you've put it...

It depends on the band, and where it is. If it's here, then I really don't feel comfortable going to a gig by myself, and this caused me to miss one of my favourite bands when they came last year. However I seem to be set to travel to London to see Strung Out, by myself, and I'm more than comfortable with doing it.

And there's also been a few times I've been seperated from people at gigs. It's not that big of a deal, I guess. However I seem to have a total phobia of going to local gigs by myself.

I've been to several gigs on my own, while there not as good as when you have freinds with you you can still enjoy the music.