Help recommend me sum good music

Trav226

Help me out my fellow EWBers, I usually listen to Rap and Hip Hop but my girlfriend put me on to some to sum Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco and I started to like it. Now I have both of their newest albums and I about to get FOB's older albums but I was looking for more. Are there any other bands or songs that have similar sounds?

I'm sorry but the words 'Good Music' and 'Fall Out Boy' Don't go together -_-

To answer your question Lost Prophets, The Offspring, blink 182 are all pop-punk type bands.

Edited by Slic_Ric

To answer your question Lost Prophets, The Offspring, blink 182 are all pop-punk type bands.

They're wittier than most bands, have catchy hooks and an interesting sound, what's so bad about their music? Sure, they might be poster boy weirdos, but the music is good.

Also, none of those bands really sound like Fall Out Boy or P!ATD, same genre but they still don't sound similar to me. Ever tried Race The Sun?

The Automatic sound kinda like the two bands you mentioned

Here's some catchy stuff, not so much FOB sounding, but it's good stuff...

Amazing Transparent Man

The Get Up Kids

Capn' Jazz

Atom And His Package

Fairweather

Jimmy Eat World

Karate High School

The Lawrence Arms

Edited by fourstarfizzle

They're wittier than most bands, have catchy hooks and an interesting sound, what's so bad about their music? Sure, they might be poster boy weirdos, but the music is good.

Also, none of those bands really sound like Fall Out Boy or P!ATD, same genre but they still don't sound similar to me. Ever tried Race The Sun?

They're wittier than most mainstream bands, have catchy hooks, and sound like a number of other pop punk bands. That doesn't necessarily make them good, just catchy as hell :shifty:

Fall Out Boy evolved a great deal, if you were going to go with their new stuff... I wouldn't exactly know what to recommend, but if you go to their album before this once I would definatly tell you to go with bands like Motion City Soundtrack. However if you went back and liked their album Take This To Your Grave, which I believe was one of their best (probably from going through high school at the time it came out) I'd plead you to go listen to one of the bands that paved the way for bands like Fall Out Boy to be sucessful, New Found Glory.

"The Hush Sound" are an obvious choice, as they're basically just PATD, with a bird.

And I give all my love in the world for FSF for hyping The Get Up Kids, Capn' Jazz, Atom & His Package, Jimmy Eat World, Karate High School and The Lawrence Arms.

I'm just going to do some random suggestions, you may or may not like them, but whatever;

Zero Down - Pop-Punk at its best, unfortunately their tenure was cut short due to Jim Cherry's untimely death, but the album "With A Lifetime To Pay" is awesome - http://www.myspace.com/digzerodown (I suggest "The Way It Is" or "Going Nowhere" to get you into them)

Pulley - Against, awesome pop-punk. Still going strong. Albums I suggest are either, "@#!*" or "Esteem Driven Engine" - http://www.myspace.com/pulley2

Blackpool Lights - Straight forward indie-emo, I get an "On A Wire", "Get Up Kids vibe to their stuff. But it's better. As "On A Wire" was The Kids worst album. - http://www.myspace.com/blackpoollights

Park - Emo band, recently went on a hiatus. You could argue that they've got a very 'generic' sound, but when they've had that sound for 10 years, then you realise they were one of the 'pioneers' of it - http://www.myspace.com/park

Silverstein - Underrated band IMO, I put them head and shoulders above your average emo band - http://www.myspace.com/silverstein

Reggie & The Full Effect - Kind of like Atom & His Package, minus the nasal voice (Which I think works better when Atom is in a band situation, his vocals are class in Armalite). Real fun, synth based music. Often goes harder than other synth bands as well - http://www.myspace.com/reggieandthefulleffect

Hellogoodbye - They're going to be the next big thing, I swear. Really fun band. I'd check out the EP and album stuff, as a lot of the EP stuff is better (And I dislike the new versions of some songs). Not great live, but still a fun band - http://www.myspace.com/hellogoodbye

Bad News Bears - Sound like Hellogoodbye, found them just now searching for Hellogoodbye's myspace. Don't sound awful - http://www.myspace.com/badnewsbearspa

I could add more, but I really cannot be arsed.

Hellogoodbye definitely. As YI said, they'll be huge soon due to the combined efforts of Radio One and the Carling Weekender, as well as them being fucking excellent.

The Hush Sound are also worth my seconding, especially the track 'Wine Red'.

if u like fall out boy check out any band under the FUELED BY RAMEN record label... some of my personal fav punk bands are

No Use For A Name (pop punkish nowadays used to be solid punk rock)

Rise Against (for your political punk rocker)

Cute Is What We Aim For (these guys are pop punk the girls will love them)

Quietdrive

Mayday Parade

All Time Low

All American Rejects

-

i have mroe but cant think lol

As someone's already said, The Academy Is... are an obvious choice, as they're on the same label as Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco (the vanity label run by Pete). Gym Class Heroes is the fourth band, as far as I'm aware, although I think they're more hip-hop beyond the single release.

Other bands I find somewhat similar: Eve 6, Jimmy Eat World, One Dollar Short, and Unwritten Law. They're all less poppy, but I like them.

Edited by Misanthrope

Hellogoodbye definitely. As YI said, they'll be huge soon due to the combined efforts of Radio One and the Carling Weekender, as well as them being fucking excellent.

I know, it's mad to think that it's nearly a year since I saw them, and they got absolutely shat on (Coins thrown at them, the works...I shook the singers hand though :shifty:), and now there's a fair few people I know who love them, but also shat on them when we saw them, fucked up. I thought they were alright, they did a good job with people dumping all over them, and got things going for a few songs ("Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn" and "Here In Your Arms" come to mind as being good), but the quirkiness was kind of gone, but still. It's weird how fickle music fans are. Because they hadn't heard of them and the singer was kind of geeky (He's Ben Folds' love child damnit) they got shat all over, but now they're up their bum like fuck.

Edited by The Real Brian

No Use For A Name were always a pop-punk band. It's far from a derogatory term. But I do agree they've kind of lost their edge over recent years. I was never a huge fan, but they do have some good songs. "Leche Con Carne" especially is a good album.

Rise Against are good, but they're starting to piss me off with the whole, "Shoving our views down people's throats" thing. Why have videos that are totally unconnected to their songs, just to shove your views down people's throats. Pisses me off. Also, I WANT MORE KILLING TREE TIM!!!! Plus "Siren Song..." sucked...("Tip The Scales" was fucking harsh though), the new album's good, but they too seem to have really lost their edge. Their song on the Sick Of It All tribute really proves it. IT'S AWESOME!! Great screamed vocals. It's weird hearing Tim scream properly again. He's got such a great voice, and on the last album his vocal work was totally pussied out. Their version of "Built To Last" is the standout on the CD, and makes me miss the RPM days of Rise Against even more. :(

I'll stop ranting. :shifty:

As for Hellogoodbye, they were supporting TBS just before their album (Hellogoodbye's) came out. They played a couple of new songs and stuff ("Here In Your Arms"). And I actually prefer most of the EP/Demo version stuff to the versions on the album, the first notable exception being "Figures A & B".

Edited by YI