May 2007 Contest

Theme: Inventafest. Create a poster for a music festival to raise awareness for a good cause or charity (like Live Aid).

Requirements: Your poster must include the following text: an original festival name, date and venue, at least one participating band and the cause or charity it is raising awareness for.

Size: 570x800 (That's WidthxHeight, not the other way around)

Credit goes to nufan for this set of rules.

DEADLINE: May 31st. Doesn't matter about timezones, you have plenty of time, there should be no late entries.

Below are some DO's and DONT'S.

DO...

...use a reliable host, as the contest will not be judged until after the deadline and any images that don't appear cannot be judged.

...link to your entry, 14-15 entries per page is going to slow this topic down a lot.

DON'T...

...enter more than once. You are however allowed to edit your entry up until May 31st and no later.

...ask to be a judge, please enter instead. Judges will be sorted out afterwards.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good job Gene. Not really feeling the abstract background but the text works with it well.

unleashmaybattlena6.th.jpg

The only Stocks used were of the animals which I found at stock xchange

When I first read this months rules, ideas just started sparking like crazy , but like always the ideas fall apart when I try to carry them out. Went through several different versions , until finally I had enough I called it quits and pretty much made my mind up I was gonna sit this one out. Earlier today I opened up PS to give it one more try.Kept it open all day so I could pop back in edit a little and do something else , and etc. I think it payed off because I'm really proud of this one. I wanted to keep it simple but at the same time I didn't want it to be overly plain.

Still not confident about my font choice but I feel it works in this case.

Can't wait to see what the rest of the entries will be

Edited by Dochappy

Here is my entry.. what you don't think i had something in mind.. after all i did make the rules lol and you guessed it Rise Against is there lol

Dancing For Rain

18 days into the month and only 3 entries... i hope there are a few people really taking there time for this one coz the comp threads are dying i dont think there is a ppv one anymore, dont let the monthly competition one die as well

18 days into the month and only 3 entries... i hope there are a few people really taking there time for this one coz the comp threads are dying i dont think there is a ppv one anymore, dont let the monthly competition one die as well

The competition's only been open for a week.

Edited by AD

The competition's only been open for a week.

dude exploder that is sick man... best so far

I vote JTE. Just a great poster that I could see actually being used for that kind of event

First of all, voting doesn't start until the end of May. That's why it's called the 'May 2007 Contest'. And voting doesn't work like that. If you want to be a judge you wait until all the entries are in, give them all a score out of 10 and send them to junkd.