POTC: At World's End

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dread the movies that'll be coming out come Christmastime though, they get worse every year :\

Except this year! Fred Claus looks amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d94SlI54e2Q

Actually, there is some cool-sounding shit around Christmas season. There's some movie where Will Smith faces off against zombies with Francis Lawrence, the director of Constantine, directing. George Clooney's new movie I'm sure will be cool. Although, yeah, at the same time, there's a shit sounding Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and AVP2, which I don't think I'd be able to stand watching.

Oh, and American Gangster.

Edited by ROC

I dread the movies that'll be coming out come Christmastime though, they get worse every year :\

Except this year! Fred Claus looks amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d94SlI54e2Q

Actually, there is some cool-sounding shit around Christmas season. There's some movie where Will Smith faces off against zombies with Francis Lawrence, the director of Constantine, directing. George Clooney's new movie I'm sure will be cool. Although, yeah, at the same time, there's a shit sounding Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and AVP2, which I don't think I'd be able to stand watching.

Oh, and American Gangster.

American Gangster will DOMINATE the Christmas market. It'll be quoted this winter like The Departed was quoted last winter. At least, if early impressions are to do anything.

I was very disappointed with the ending. I don't know, recently I have watched movies and thought of ways to improve them.

Here is my list on what I would of done differently.

1. I would of had Jack trick people but having his piece of eight be something completely different and when the burned the other nine piecies would of made Calipso stuck in human form and than maybe killed her off.

2. I would of had that pirate(Don't know his name, the one that spoke up when Barbossa and Jack were arging and said he wouldn't mine throwing his hat in for captaincy) stab Davey Jones. He would of than released Bootstraps from his boat and his partner would take bootstraps' place.

3. Following number two I would of had Elizabeth and Will hanging out all lovey-duby in their house with Bootstraps coming in to say something a father would say, thus ending their storyline and letting them live happily ever after.

4. The movie would of ended with the Jack Gibbs scene but instead of Gibbs going off with the ladies he would of went with Jack on the small ship and had Jack telling Mr. Gibbs to raise the sail to end the movie.

I think that would of been more awesome.

On the first one, I would've preferred over the shitty CGI or whatever it was of her growing and turning into fucking crabs, biggest dissapointment of the entire movie, it's like "Hey, I know, we'll make her seem like the most important person in the entire second and third mythology, then we'll make her grow REALLY big and not have her actually do anything decent". Second (and by proxy third, but I do like the idea on the third), I don't like, but I expected your fourth one as well.

American Gangster will DOMINATE the Christmas market. It'll be quoted this winter like The Departed was quoted last winter. At least, if early impressions are to do anything.

I was very disappointed with the ending. I don't know, recently I have watched movies and thought of ways to improve them.

Here is my list on what I would of done differently.

1. I would of had Jack trick people but having his piece of eight be something completely different and when the burned the other nine piecies would of made Calipso stuck in human form and than maybe killed her off.

2. I would of had that pirate(Don't know his name, the one that spoke up when Barbossa and Jack were arging and said he wouldn't mine throwing his hat in for captaincy) stab Davey Jones. He would of than released Bootstraps from his boat and his partner would take bootstraps' place.

3. Following number two I would of had Elizabeth and Will hanging out all lovey-duby in their house with Bootstraps coming in to say something a father would say, thus ending their storyline and letting them live happily ever after.

4. The movie would of ended with the Jack Gibbs scene but instead of Gibbs going off with the ladies he would of went with Jack on the small ship and had Jack telling Mr. Gibbs to raise the sail to end the movie.

I think that would of been more awesome.

Edited by The Kraig

Are there any previews out for it yet? I've been waiting, but haven't seen anything.

Just a website.

http://americangangster.net/

Are there any previews out for it yet? I've been waiting, but haven't seen anything.

Just a website.

http://americangangster.net/

Well I'll be damned, you guys just saved my movie-watching Christmas with that info. I swear each year it's like a brand new kind of suck gets put out for Christmas, but that movie with Vaughn in it actually looks good, and the others have me pretty excited too.

Wow, it really is a good year for movies, then.

This was an AWESOME film. Went to see it last night, and all my mates moaned about the length, but I thought that they filled all 3 hours really well, and kept the film interesting throughout. Johnny Depp continued to be absolute quality as Jack, and Keira was smoking hot (in my opinion anyway, I have grown to understand that she's now an acquired taste, so to speak.) Better than the first two (although they were both really good as well.)