POTC: At World's End

Anyone else planning on seeing it opening day? I've been waiting for this film since I saw Dead Man's Chest last summer, and from the plot summaries (and the end of DMC) it sounds like it's going to be fucking tops.

Anyone else going opening day? :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest G-Spot

I get to see it a few days before as i know a projectionist. I seriously cannot wait.

Watched DMC again today and it just keeps getting better every time i see it

Luckily my cinema is getting it opening night. Which is quite rare, cause our cinema only has 1 screen and is usually behind a few weeks.

I didn't care for Pirates 2 as much, it was a decent flick. But my girlfriend loves the movies, so I'll be going with her.

I'll most likely go during the following week. I don't like big crowds of people, I always get stuck sitting near the family that brings the 5-10 year old kids. Fucking people nearly ruined Spiderman 3 for me.

I went to see the midnight showing of DMC, was planning on doing it again, but alas, I cannot.

Busy Friday nights, so I can't do it then.

The 26th is a PWA show, where they are bringing in Samoa Joe, can't miss this once-in-a-lifetime event.

So Sunday probably....

I hope to be there. Finally saw Dead Man's Chest yesterday, and it's the type of movie that demands me to see the third. God, I hope the third isn't some lameo Matrix Revolutions-style ending, though.

Well in an interview, Depp said that if they wanted to make a fourth he'd be up for it, so I wouldn't be surprised if that meant the ending of this movie leaves something in the open. Or he could be talking about a prequel or something.

But yeah, I really want to see it. I'd go opening day and stuff, but I'm going to be in Florida starting that weekend so I don't know. I may catch it with my parents if they want to go see it or something. But that means I'll probably come back from Florida and all my friends have already seen it, which would be uber gay. I'd be coming back from Florida though so that sucks for them at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw it last night, I thought it was pretty solid. I did see some AMAZINGLY unreal fighting sequences though, which is bad considering I go in assuming to see that in these movies.

Also, for any of you who are planning to wait after the credits to see the extra footage...don't. It's really not worth it. If you couldn't figure that part out from the end, you're an idiot anyways. It's literally minutes of your life you will never get back.

As for the spoilers...

I like it overall, but something just doesn't sit right with me having Jack only able to see Elizabeth one day every ten years. It wasn't a BAD ending, it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for here. Ah well.

Good bits of humor, especially with Multiple Jacks, the monkey, and Captain Whateverhisname is from the 1st who gets in some really good dialogue.

The Keith Richards bit was slightly dissapointing. I was more expecting a back-and-forth conversation between Jack and him, but it was still good for what it was. Good movie, but I think the "fountain of youth" idea was a little too cliche.

At World's End is so much better than Dead Man's Chest its almost ridiculous. It's almost on par with the original and its doesn't even feel long - despite clocking in at 2 hours 58!

My general rating for the three films would be:

Curse of the Black Pearl 8.5/10

Dead Man's Chest 7/10 (on a good day)

At World's End 8/10

Saw it last night, I thought it was pretty solid. I did see some AMAZINGLY unreal fighting sequences though, which is bad considering I go in assuming to see that in these movies.

Also, for any of you who are planning to wait after the credits to see the extra footage...don't. It's really not worth it. If you couldn't figure that part out from the end, you're an idiot anyways. It's literally minutes of your life you will never get back.

As for the spoilers...

I like it overall, but something just doesn't sit right with me having Jack only able to see Elizabeth one day every ten years. It wasn't a BAD ending, it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for here. Ah well.

Good bits of humor, especially with Multiple Jacks, the monkey, and Captain Whateverhisname is from the 1st who gets in some really good dialogue.

The Keith Richards bit was slightly dissapointing. I was more expecting a back-and-forth conversation between Jack and him, but it was still good for what it was. Good movie, but I think the "fountain of youth" idea was a little too cliche.

To me the extra bit was the only real bit WORTH watching to make the dull long Will/Elizabeth story good.

As for the spoilers...