POTC: At World's End

Saw it last night, I thought it was pretty solid. I did see some AMAZINGLY unreal fighting sequences though, which is bad considering I go in assuming to see that in these movies.

Also, for any of you who are planning to wait after the credits to see the extra footage...don't. It's really not worth it. If you couldn't figure that part out from the end, you're an idiot anyways. It's literally minutes of your life you will never get back.

As for the spoilers...

I like it overall, but something just doesn't sit right with me having Jack only able to see Elizabeth one day every ten years. It wasn't a BAD ending, it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for here. Ah well.

Good bits of humor, especially with Multiple Jacks, the monkey, and Captain Whateverhisname is from the 1st who gets in some really good dialogue.

The Keith Richards bit was slightly dissapointing. I was more expecting a back-and-forth conversation between Jack and him, but it was still good for what it was. Good movie, but I think the "fountain of youth" idea was a little too cliche.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were too many plot entanglements, with all of them having ridiculous motives. However, if you allow yourself to follow the plot and believe the characters as they are presented, it's a very entertaining movie. So far, the best of the summer blockbusters (over Spiderman 3 and Shrek 3)

Someone has to explain the after the credits scene to me. I'm an impatient bastard and walked out when the movie finished. <_<

"10 years later" - Elizabeth is on the island with a kid, and Will returns on his ship to see her again. That's it, really.

My boss is called Will Turner. I find it mildly amusing. :shifty:

I saw it today and I loved it. To me it was perfect. Sure it was long, but it was a great ending to a great saga. That said, seeing as how not only Depp but Verbinski and the writers have all said if they wanna make a fourth they are all on board, I hope they do try another one. Jack's story isn't over by any means, even if we never see Elizabeth and Will again.

Pirates COTBP: 9/10

Pirates DMC: 8/10

Pirates AWE: 9.5/10

Just my opinion.

There were too many plot entanglements, with all of them having ridiculous motives. However, if you allow yourself to follow the plot and believe the characters as they are presented, it's a very entertaining movie. So far, the best of the summer blockbusters (over Spiderman 3 and Shrek 3)

I don't know, that was a big thing for me that I liked. Everyone was trying to fuck the other over while helping the other at the same time. Made for some really good viewing.

And another amazing opening, but like I suspected, Spider-Man and Shrek kept it from completely demolishing any box office records. Of course, it's nothing to complain about, this weekend alone it garnered $112 million and thanks to the early Thursday viewings, it's managed to make $126 million since opening.

Edited by Zero

I love the complexity of the plot. They finished everything from the first film, almost everything from the second film and opened and finished almost everything in the third one itself. I love it.

Even down to Ragetti's wooden eye being Barbossa's piece of eight. I love that, and it explains why Ragetti's always a panicky wreck when he loses it. And why he doesn't just get a non-splintering fake eyeball. Almost everything was wrapped up deliciously like that.

There are a few things that bother me. Like not getting to find out what 'mark' Sparrow left on Cutler Bennett. And how Jones killed the Kraken. And what would actually happen should Jones (or now Will) step foot on land before the ten year period was over.

Something I find strange was...Barbossa's got a Spanish/Portuguese name...yet he speaks in an Irish accent...then a Cornish accent...and he's pirate lord of the Caspian Sea, which doesn't even lead to an ocean (it's completely landlocked), and it's away across Europe between Russia, Iran and a bunch of other countries far from Western Europe. Not to mention he was DEAD for a substantial amount of time and there was no new pirate lord? How the hell did that happen? :lol:

I just got back from watching it and have to say that it was the best POTC movie out of the three. I liked how they rapped up pretty much everything, but left it open at the end, in case they do want to make another one. Definately one of the better movies I've seen recently.

I'm glad that this whole story with Turner is over with this one... I'd rather not see Bloom in the 4th movie.

Admittedly, however, during the scenes where Turner was being portrayed as a darker character, I thought that was fucking ace. Orlando Bloom could make an excellent antagonistic character if it weren't for the fact that he's used for so many of the goody-goody roles.

This was my favorite of the three as well, it wrapped up everything excellently and I would gladly see it again/buy the DVD.

I finally caught Spiderman and managed to catch Shrek 3 with Lorina along with this movie over the span of three days... I quite liked all three, actually. It's been a good year for movies thus far.

I finally caught Spiderman and managed to catch Shrek 3 with Lorina along with this movie over the span of three days... I quite liked all three, actually. It's been a good year for movies thus far.

I was very disappointed with the ending. I don't know, recently I have watched movies and thought of ways to improve them.

Here is my list on what I would of done differently.

1. I would of had Jack trick people but having his piece of eight be something completely different and when the burned the other nine piecies would of made Calipso stuck in human form and than maybe killed her off.

2. I would of had that pirate(Don't know his name, the one that spoke up when Barbossa and Jack were arging and said he wouldn't mine throwing his hat in for captaincy) stab Davey Jones. He would of than released Bootstraps from his boat and his partner would take bootstraps' place.

3. Following number two I would of had Elizabeth and Will hanging out all lovey-duby in their house with Bootstraps coming in to say something a father would say, thus ending their storyline and letting them live happily ever after.

4. The movie would of ended with the Jack Gibbs scene but instead of Gibbs going off with the ladies he would of went with Jack on the small ship and had Jack telling Mr. Gibbs to raise the sail to end the movie.

No offense Hugar, but some of your suggestions would have ruined the movie for me, particularly #s 2 and 3. 1 and 4 aren't so bad (though #1 wouldn't work quite as well as #4, and honestly, I thought Jack's ending on the movie was perfect), but I prefer the ending the way it is... seemed to tie up the stories pretty damn nicely.

And ROC: I didn't see Norbit... heard it was funny, but nothing epic. Wild Hogs was decent, but I did hear that Ghost Rider was a huge let-down.

Dunno... just seems like from May onward there's been movies planned for release that have incredible potential. I rarely pay notice to the first 4 months of the year, hardly anything good comes out of them, and things usually start to pick up shortly after they're over.

I dread the movies that'll be coming out come Christmastime though, they get worse every year :\