Best game music

LexChaney

What music did most like in a game, I think mine had to be in Sensible World of Soccer by far one I do rank a lot. Also does anyone know who did the music I have trouble locating any information on this.

Also I was a big fan of the music for Resident Evil at one time and Metal Gear Solid and another from back in the day, Cannon Fodder also Mario wasn't all that bad.

Goalscorin' Superstar Hero,

You let your hair down and play to the fans,

You’re a goal scoring superstar hero,

And every goal, goal, goal says you’re the best in the land!

Woo ¬_¬

Ahem, best game music ever... hmmm. Gotta be Metal Gear Solid, 'annit?

I'll go with GTA series here, nothing better than driving around doing nothing listening to country music. If for some reason GTA doesn't count, I'll go with God of War II and/or Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth. Epic classic music is always gooooood.

Edited by Quasi Juice

The Streets of Rage series, great little 16 bit techno tracks while beating on baddies.

I loved most of the music in Pit Fighter as well, again, 16 bit fun, but the songs fit the mood of the fights well.

I remember enjoying some of the background music in the Bully while watching my brother play the game.

Metal Gear Solid series of course and anything that Sensible Software did....Sensi Soccer, Sensi Golf (wanna play gooooolf, wanna play golf.....d'ya wanna play gooooolf, d'ya wanna play golf... etc etc) and definitely Cannon Fodder (war, never been so much fun, war never been so much fun...and then onto something about killing someone with your gun).

Also Resi Evil 4 has some phenominal ambient electro in some of the save rooms which is excellence.

The Streets of Rage series, great little 16 bit techno tracks while beating on baddies.

I loved most of the music in Pit Fighter as well, again, 16 bit fun, but the songs fit the mood of the fights well.

I remember enjoying some of the background music in the Bully while watching my brother play the game.

I love the Mario music from SMB, SMB2, SMB3, and SMW.

Bomberman, Mega Man X and Zombies Ate My Neighbors have catchy music.

Also, RPGs like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger.

Though my favorite song from a video game is the main theme from 'Battle Toads and Double Dragon'. The game itself was decent, but that opening song was amazing.

Street Fighter, Halo and Pokémon music are some of my favourites. I have music files of various from those series on my PC, including the three Halo soundtracks. (¬_¬)

Also, fuck sirdav.

Edited by The Kraig