Transfer Thread

ONO

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Not The Ring

It has been their best season for a good number of years. They actually are still in for La Liga going into the final game of the season, doesn't matter if Barcelona have contributed to their own downfall.

Playing boring football means shit all. Yeah, Madrid like to play attractive football, but all that matters in football is who wins what, not who plays what.

Higuain did not cost over 20m. He cost just over 13m euros. I don't know where you got the whole 20m thing because that isn't true. He's moved from River Plate and is only 19. People expect too much. He will come good, especially when he is learning off VN.

Roberto Carlos is getting old and slow. Raul has hardly set the world alight for a number of years now. I have no doubt Capello will improve the squad in the summer.

Edited by Not The Ring

It has been their best season for a good number of years. They actually are still in for La Liga going into the final game of the season, doesn't matter if Barcelona have contributed to their own downfall.

Playing boring football means shit all. Yeah, Madrid like to play attractive football, but all that matters in football is who wins what, not who plays what.

Higuain did not cost over 20m. He cost just over 13m euros. I don't know where you got the whole 20m thing because that isn't true. He's moved from River Plate and is only 19. People expect too much. He will come good, especially when he is learning off VN.

Roberto Carlos is getting old and slow. Raul has hardly set the world alight for a number of years now. I have no doubt Capello will improve the squad in the summer.

Higuain cost 13 million pounds? Stupid fucking US dollars :shifty:

In any case, what the league boils down to is points and at this point Madrid have 3 more points than they had last year. They've also got 7 points less than the 04/05 season. So I wouldn't really call that their best effort in years. I don't think it's a question of teams getting better either, you'll always have Valencia and Barcelona challenging for the title with Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Villareal and Osassuna. This is more of a trainwreck season where no one really deserves the title.

Also, god I hope Spurs don't bid 18 mil for Darren Bent now. At that price may as well put in a cheeky bid for Fernando Torres and cross our fingers >_>

Sky Sports News understands Darren Bent has turned down the chance to join West Ham United.

The Charlton striker had been in talks with former manager Alan Curbishley on Thursday, and was expected to undergo a medical at Upton Park on Friday.

However, the England international has opted against a move to East London, leaving West Ham frustrated in their pursuit of Curbishley's former charge.

The Hammers are believed to be the only club to have matched Charlton's asking price for Bent, and it remains to be seen whether their failure to agree terms with the 23-year-old will provoke rival suitors to make their move.

Tottenham are understood to be keen on the Valley star, whilst Liverpool and Valencia have also been linked with Bent following Charlton's relegation.

West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson revealed earlier on Thursday he was hoping to announce a major signing in the coming days but, if Bent was the mystery man, then the Icelandic businessman may have to rethink his plans.

Well, looks like Spurs are the new favorites to land him to me.

Spurs or Valencia?

I can't see Liverpool splashing out £18m on him, then again I can't see Spurs or Valencia splashing out the sort of cash either.

West Ham just reek of desperation all over, which is an absolutely stupid thing to do, especially when the transfer window hasn't even opened. You get desperate near the end, when things need to be rushed and a) you have nothing, b) have the cash to spend and c) wanna spend it.

I have the feeling clubs are going to make a massive profit out of West Ham this summer.

Edited by Lost Soul

Yeah, what I've read puts the bid at somewhere between £1M - £3M and even at the top extreme it would be incredibly good business for Liverpool. I mean, fucking incredibly good business. Benayoun's very suited to playing on the wings, even if he's not the out-and-out winger that some people seem to prize so highly. Obviously he'll be happy sitting on the bench and definitely seems like the type of player that would be invaluable as a super sub. Someone like Kewell might have more raw ability, but Yossi's been relatively injury-free and has, despite what someone said in the thread, really been putting in the effort this year. I'll be gutted if he leaves, and even more gutted if it's for £3M.

Fenerbache have signed Colin Kazim-Richard for around £1.25m apparently. Ah well, will give us more money to spend in the transfer market I guess. I'm just shocked someone as big as Fenerbache would want him.

Arsenal Sign Someone!!!!

It's amazing, we've signed someone...ok so he's only 16, but it's something right? Right?

It's beginning to look more and more like Henry might leave. God I'd love it if he just came out and said "I'm staying" or "I'm leaving", but all this "I'm an Arsenal player for now" stuff helps no-one at all, and him commenting on the David Dein thing is annoying as well. Keep out of the board-room level stuff Thierry please.

It's amazing, we've signed someone...ok so he's only 16, but it's something right? Right?

Didn't you sign a Polish keeper just the other week?

Well...that's two!!! Yay! ¬_¬

I think it's slightly different, Liverpool were willing to buy Owen for around £9-11 million. Madrid were ready to accept the deal, but as soon as Fat Freddy waddled in with £17 million there was no way Real were going to take anything less. Owen wanted to come back to Liverpool (he said as much), but we weren't prepared to pay over the odds for him - and rightly so, imo.

Bent's just another example of a young English player being vastly overrated and overpriced by his club.

When I said overrated, I meant overrated in the sense that what Charlton value him up clearly doesn't match up with how good he actually is. He's relatively untried at the very top level, and he's yet to play in a team that will come up against someone that will just stick players behind the ball.

That being said, I'd still like to see us take a gamble on him, but not for the price they want.