Transfer Thread

ONO

Man Utd finally sign Tevez

from Sky Sports

Carlos Tevez has completed his move to Manchester United after the Premier League ratified the deal.

The drawn-out transfer has now been concluded after a two-year loan deal for the Argentine was cleared by the Premier League.

Tevez has moved to Old Trafford after spending last season with West Ham United and has been waiting to finalise his switch.

The champions have confirmed the striker is now an official member of the squad after training with the club this week.

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that Carlos Tevez has been registered as a member of its first-team squad by the Premier League," read a statement on the club's official website.

Derby debut

Tevez is available for selection for Sunday's opening game against Reading, although he is unlikely to feature.

Sir Alex Ferguson admitted earlier on Friday that his latest signing has been pencilled in for his debut in the local derby with City next weekend.

Prior to receiving confirmation of the deal, Ferguson said: "Even if it were to happen beforehand, it's unlikely I would use him on Sunday. He is more likely to be involved next week against Manchester City.

"He has surprised us in the training sessions last week. I thought that after having only a short holiday after the Copa America he would maybe need more training, but he looks in great shape.

Edited by wozzi

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not buying him for full though, are we? We're having him a for a year. He's easily a player who could challenge to be Liverpool's number one, so of course they'd want something for giving him up for a year.

I know you're not buying him. I'm saying £2.5m for a loan deal is a bit much to me, as I wouldn't pay more than £5 to buy him.

Man Utd finally sign Tevez

from Sky Sports

Carlos Tevez has completed his move to Manchester United after the Premier League ratified the deal.

The drawn-out transfer has now been concluded after a two-year loan deal for the Argentine was cleared by the Premier League.

Tevez has moved to Old Trafford after spending last season with West Ham United and has been waiting to finalise his switch.

The champions have confirmed the striker is now an official member of the squad after training with the club this week.

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that Carlos Tevez has been registered as a member of its first-team squad by the Premier League," read a statement on the club's official website.

Derby debut

Tevez is available for selection for Sunday's opening game against Reading, although he is unlikely to feature.

Sir Alex Ferguson admitted earlier on Friday that his latest signing has been pencilled in for his debut in the local derby with City next weekend.

Prior to receiving confirmation of the deal, Ferguson said: "Even if it were to happen beforehand, it's unlikely I would use him on Sunday. He is more likely to be involved next week against Manchester City.

"He has surprised us in the training sessions last week. I thought that after having only a short holiday after the Copa America he would maybe need more training, but he looks in great shape.

Yeah, best news I've had all week.

Another young American is moving in Europe U.S. midfielder Benny Feilhaber got a work permit to play for Derby County in the English Premier League as reported by Espn.com.

I like the move for him he was already "playing" with Hamburg in Bundesliga but he will get a chance to potentially get a lot of playing time in the EPL now even if it is only for a year with Derby likely going back down.

Another young American is moving in Europe U.S. midfielder Benny Feilhaber got a work permit to play for Derby County in the English Premier League as reported by Espn.com.

I like the move for him he was already "playing" with Hamburg in Bundesliga but he will get a chance to potentially get a lot of playing time in the EPL now even if it is only for a year with Derby likely going back down.

Chelsea finally sign Alex

From Sky Sports:

Brazilian joins on three-year deal

Chelsea have completed the signing of Brazilian defender Alex from PSV Eindhoven.

The Blues have been looking push through a deal for Alex for some time, and after three seasons at PSV he was finally granted a work permit earlier this month.

Alex has now passed a medical at Stamford Bridge and agreed terms on a three-year contract.

He accepts that he will have to fight just to establish himself as a regular starter, but is confident he will be successful in the Premier League.

"I hope do a good job at this wonderful club," Alex told Chelsea TV.

"I am happy for the opportunity Chelsea have given me. I sometimes watch the games and I hear about the club and I hope everything goes well.

"I hope to adapt myself very quickly because (Ricardo) Carvalho and (Jose)

Mourinho will help me with the language barrier, and I hope I can start straight away and won't have any problem to be on the team."

Edited by wozzi

We're not buying him for full though, are we? We're having him a for a year. He's easily a player who could challenge to be Liverpool's number one, so of course they'd want something for giving him up for a year.

I know you're not buying him. I'm saying £2.5m for a loan deal is a bit much to me, as I wouldn't pay more than £5 to buy him.

Actually, I'd say 2.5m for Carson is a good deal, even if it's only for a year. Given that the guy is young and English, and that Gordon just went for £9m, in the current market Scott would probably go for about 12m (even though, as you say, he's only really worth around £5m), which would be for around a four year deal which works out at £3m per year. I know it's twisted logic because you could renew the contract without having to shell out again, but Villa are essentially buying him on a one year deal. £2.5m doesn't sound too bad when you put it in that context, especially seeing as he's likely to help Villa massively this year. And Villa might not be paying his full wages, either.

£6 million bid accepted for Fernandes I heard off various sites. Surprising since I heard other clubs had bids of £8 and £10 million turned down. He's fantastic though, so hopefully it comes to fruition.

Then big Yak after that, since we only have two fit strikers.

Any West Ham fans got any news on Callum Davenport? I'm not 100% sure a bid has been made, read in the paper on Sunday he was linked again with Ipswich.

The first time he was linked with us it was for a Season Loan, now it appears Curbs is willing to sell for a fee of around a million what Ipswich are apparently willing to pay. They still haven't spent anything this year, Magilton had about a million to spend anyway and then received around 2.6mill from Bent moving to Spurs. Signed only 3 players on frees.

I've always rated him as a defender. I'd personally welcome him with open arms, would be a great signing for any Championship club, hopefully it isn't just rumors.

Edited by new_era

Yeah, because he's really going to come out and say "I didn't support Everton no, I supported their rivals Liverpool" :rolleyes:

As a boy I supported... Liverpool. As a local lad I used to watch from The Kop when Robbie Fowler was making his name. I started out at Liverpool's Centre of Excellence and although it was disappointing when nothing came of it, I was lucky that both Wigan and Wolves wanted to sign me.

Before he moved to Everton.

Manchester United have made an inquiry about Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins. (The Sun)

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to up his bid for want-away Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka. (Daily Star)

I can't see Martins going anywhere, but Anelka, another signing i don't think would be great for United but Le Sulk will go in the blink of an eye. Interesting to see if these are true or just gossip.

Yakubu's move to Everton has collapsed because Southgate upped his price to 12 mill. (Numerous)

Callum Davenport 1mill (West Ham), Derek Riordan 600,000 (Celtic) and Ian Murray on Loan (Rangers) have all been linked with Ipswich over the last three days. Navas is also set to sign in the next few days after a 450,000 bid was accepted. Ipswich officials are still in Malaga as i type, great signing if he agrees personal terms.

I doubt the Davenport is true if Navas is signing, even though both would be welcome additions. Riordan has been linked with Leicester, Stoke and a few other Championship clubs i believe, we don't need another striker but again, he would add a bit more quality and depth to the squad. I haven't seen Murray play, he has also been linked with Naaaarich and Burnley.

Edited by new_era