Be your own DJ

Liam

Ok, basically this is based on those nights where anyone can go along and play 3 of thier favourite songs....seeing one, it got me thinking what 3 songs I'd choose for a wider audience to listen to out of my own personal favourites

The only rules from what I see is that its 3 songs, with about a 10 minute time limit. So yeah, what 3 would you go for?

I'll add mine later.

Well the last few songs i've just listened to are pretty mainstream, so i'll go with them;

Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

Uncle Kracker - Follow Me

Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name

Asde from Mr. brightside, the other two are hardly mainstream tracks that everyone would know.

Buck Rogers HAS to be done. HAS TO BE!

And I agree with the choice of Bon Jovi, everyone goes stupidly crazy for that.

Asde from Mr. brightside, the other two are hardly mainstream tracks that everyone would know.

Buck Rogers HAS to be done. HAS TO BE!

And I agree with the choice of Bon Jovi, everyone goes stupidly crazy for that.

I didn't say mainstream tracks, I just said ones that you think would appeal to a wider audience. So I'd assume you wouldn't stick on some NEKRO DEATH METUL or anything like that, but non-commercial stuff is fine.

Civil Disobedience by Sage Francis.

It was either this or Woke up this morning by Sage. I've played Sage to people at uni that normally only listen to maintream hip hop or just plain indie and they've liked it so I'd like to spread the word.

Roll Bus Roll by Jeff Lewis.

My favourite song of all time (at the moment until I change my mind.)

Streamline by Pendulum.

Absolute choon, its just perfect dancefloor material.

I reckon people would enjoy at least Sound of Settling by Death Cab For Cutie, possibly Dashboard by Modest Mouse if they came on in a sort of alternative/indie kinda music playing club.

Dashboard may be aided by the music video if it could be screened ¬_¬

Oh man, I could do a ton of these. Anyway. For this particular one, I'll go with...

"Stubborn Kind of Fellow" by Marvin Gaye, followed by "Oldies But Happies" by Hideki Naganuma, and then finally "Where I'm From" by Digable Planets.

Man, so many possiblities :P

I'd probably go for a "Fuck you if you don't like my shit" approach. Songs Regular Joe is almost guaranteed to have never heard.

Holy Thunderforce by Rhapsody

They'll find a way to dance to it. It's not like I'm playing Lamento Eroico or something ¬_¬

Sons Of The Riddermark by Battlelore

Bwahaha.

Raskas Kantaa by Kotiteollisuus

*sniggers*

Like Homer Simpson once said: "Time to do what I do best. Ruin it for everybody".

It all depends where I am. A rock bar/club would ultimately be different to a normal bar/club, where you can get away with a bit of indie every now and then and that's about it. The former would see me going with more 'punky' tracks, I guess. And the latter would be a more indie-emo-electro kind of shindig. Bah.

NORMAL CLUB

"Can't Stand Me Now" by The Libertines (I'm 'clean cut'...I'm the Barat to my buddy Chris's, Doherty...though Chris only seems to have a borderline drinking problem. :shifty:)

"Walk This Way" by RunDMC/Aerosmith (Kind of an 'in-joke'...well not really...we randomly started this thing where we just shout "Aerosmith"...and we're not sure why it started...but TWICE, the DJ has heard us in different places and put this on, or so we choose to believe...brilliance)

"7-11" by Eskimo Disco (It's the best Disco Rock tune in fuck knows how long. It's sex)

ROCK CLUB

"Solitaire" by Strung Out (Good poppy number. Really uplifting. Great for a sing-along too, though I'd be the only one singing :shifty:)

"This One Goes Out To......" by Streetlight Manifesto (Catch 22) (Ska tunes are the boy when drunk. Other than when some scary guy hugs you for knowing the words to "All My Best Friends Are Metalheads". Not my favourite Streetlight/Catch 22 song, but great chorus, something to sing along to)

"Worked Up So Sexual" by The Faint (It's badass, and would be good for a dance too, and I couldn't think of anything else :shifty: Could probably fit in the other list too)

"Deceptacon" by Le Tigre.

"Here (In Your Arms)" by hellogoodbye

"The Future Freaks Me Out" by Motion City Soundtrack.

It'd go over the ten minute limit but it'd rock!

I'd go with:

Louis XIV - Finding Out True Love Is Blind (great song for drunks)

Nine Inch Nails - Closer (anyone can enjoy this at a club, methinks)

And since I have like.....2 minutes left, I'd stick on Liam Lynch - Whatever

The Go! Team: "Grip Like A Vice"

Who doesn't love the Go! Team?

MSTRKRFT; "Work On You"

Hot shit for the dance floor.

Justice; "D.A.N.C.E"

Probably the best dance track I've heard since Hung Up by Madonna. Pure sex for the dance floor.