Euro 2008

Dan

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is i wouldn't want to be James Mcfadden tonight... How many times is he gonna replay that chance over in his head?

And I half wish Israel wouldn't do us any favours... it's only building up hopes for our inevitable failure to beat Croatia.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

All I can say is i wouldn't want to be James Mcfadden tonight... How many times is he gonna replay that chance over in his head?

And I half wish Israel wouldn't do us any favours... it's only building up hopes for our inevitable failure to beat Croatia.

The other one when he could have rolled in any of three players waiting to the left was possibly a better chance.

If Israel win we only have to draw?

I thought we needed a win :o

Edit: Makes up for the "offside" goal then.

Nope, only a draw.

The lowdown:

England's qualification is out of their hands. Their best hope is to finish ahead of Russia. But if the Russians win in Israel on Saturday, they will be one point ahead of England with one match to play - and that match is away to rock-bottom Andorra. England will not expect any favours from Andorra, who are on a run of 28 consecutive Euro qualifying defeats.

If Russia lose in Israel, then England need only to draw (or win) against Croatia in their final match at Wembley to guarantee qualification. If Russia draw in Israel, then England will need to beat Croatia in their final match to go through, given that a Russia win against Andorra is all but certain. There is one other glimmer of hope for England. If Croatia lose in Macedonia, then an England win over the Croats by a three-goal margin will put them above their rivals. A 2-0 win would also be enough, but a two-goal margin in which England have conceded a goal (eg 3-1) will not be enough - as Croatia's away goal will mean they lead the head-to-head standings between the teams. Of course, should Russia have dropped points against Israel then any win over Croatia will suffice.

Took me ages to work all that out... :shifty:

Would someone please mind telling me how that a fucking foul? Seriously. Fuck the Spanish, fuck the Italians, fuck the po-lice.

Yeah you can't blame the officials. Italy's disallowed goal was well onside and Scotland's was off, decisions even themselves out.

EDIT ~ Am I the only one who thinks that us only needing a draw could work out worse for us? Cue negative Mclaren tactics...

Edited by Whisper in the Wind