The Rest of the Summer Movies.

ROC

So, everywhere you look this summer, there's another fucking blockbuster. This is more a collective topic about any movie that isn't a fucking Shrek or Pirates or Spider-Man sequel. Or Ocean's 13, but feel free to discuss that because that might not really merit its own thread. I figured I'd bring this up because the two summer films I have watched (Hostel Part II and DOA) aren't likely getting huge grosses at the box office.

So to begin the topic, here's my recommendations. Don't see Hostel II...and expect some dumb fun if you do want to see DOA.

EDIT: Because of my stupidity in the matter, fuck the "can't be a blockbuster" stipulation.

Edited by Mr. James Murphy

The big 3 (Pirates, Shrek, and Spidey) caught me in their hype, and I fell for it. Although I've enjoyed all three films, they could have been so much more and left me a bit dissapointed. Can't wait 'till Transformers, The SImpsons Moive, and of course Harry Potter!

I remember Zero posted a list of horror movies that looked like good fun, although I'm not sure how many of those were summer releases. Transformers, Simpsons should both be top notch.

Although the summer clearly belongs to Die Hard 4(.0 or whatever it's called now)

I remember Zero posted a list of horror movies that looked like good fun, although I'm not sure how many of those were summer releases. Transformers, Simpsons should both be top notch.

Although the summer clearly belongs to Die Hard 4(.0 or whatever it's called now)

Watched Pirates tonight, thought it was okay, but much like the Matrix the first Pirates movie was great as a stand alone film but the second two were kinda below par. I liked the first movie because it was at least semi-realistic (up until the skeleton swerve but that was towards the end so was kinda cool) but the other two have almost been parodies of themselves.

Seen Shrek, thought it was absolute shite. Then I've never been a fan of Shrek.

Looking forward to Transformers and Potter and (most of all!) Ratatouille.

I don't like the idea of Evan Almighty. Carrell is/was a fad that I'm well past now. I love the original Bruce Almighty film though.

Knocked Up was a box office success, does that disclude it? Because that's pretty much to this year what Clerks II was to 2006 and 40 Year Old Virgin was to 2005. Insanely funny, well acted and heartwarming. If Kevin Smith and Judd Apatow can agree to have one or the other release an R-rated comedy every year we can be happy.

The interest for me in the trilogy of threequels fizzled pretty early after they came out, and I never really was interested in Shrek 3 as the second was very meh. Maybe it's just that the opening week hype is over but I don't know if I'll even see any of them in theatres. Now it's all about Order Of the Phoenix, Rise of the Silver Surfer, The Simpsons Movie and Superbad.

Outside of the ones mentioned above that I think should be called blockbusters(Tell me you dont expect Simpsons and Transformers to make a gazillion dollars and I say you are nuts) I am eager to see Knocked Up, Evan Almighty and Harry Potter(only cause my girl loves the books/movies and it's just a blast to see her enjoy a movie for once). The new pixar movie(the one with the rat that wants to cook) looks interesting as well. And Oceans 13, cause I loved the first two.