European U21 Championships

IAceI

Looks like hes also had a bust up with kieron richardson.......he just isnt a good man manager

Also, you say he played in the build up, wheninfact he didnt play one qualifying match for them, and wasnt put in the training camp for the tourney

Also, read this, and tell me Pearce isnt an idiot

Clicky

Edited by cmb211087

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I won't call him an idiot, it wasn't the smartest choice I agree, but he's far from an idiot considering what other managers say.

As for the Richardson bit, well you substitute a player on a yellow card, that's fair. That player has a little hissy fit, do you honestly think Stuart Pearce of all people is going to turn around and say "oh well that's okay". He isn't. Richardson was upset because he was substituted. Pearce isn't going to let some whiny little kid try and act like he knows best, when he clearly doesn't.

EDIT: Yeah I got the build up bit wrong, I was sure he'd played, obviously not.

RE-EDIT: On the match at hand, Babel was clearly looking for that penalty when he knew he couldn't keep the ball in. Still, I want to see Portugal crash out at the first hurdle.

Edited by IAceI

If Bentley was so concerned about fitness, why didn't he pull out of the senior England squad as well?

There's a worrying attitude amongst English fans, most seem to think that youth football doesn't matter. I know we all (myself included) bang on about managers, but there's also a massive problem in English football at the 'grass roots' level.

Not the point, england was 2 matches, giving him a month rest in between that and the start of rovers season, which starts very early in july thanks to the intertoto. With the under 21s the final is after rovers start, so if he then played every game next season, he would have played something like 110 games without much of a break

Diving, cheating, greasy haired, fucking cheats is all that can be said really. No yellow for that dive, but Baines gets booked for something that was just a freekick - end of?

Referee's have been shit. Not just for England, but the whole tournament. They're so card happy, and buy into the diving 90% of the time.

Half time, 2-1. We looked very good up till our second goal, and then we let them back into it. They began to 'play their style of football' which can be described as a combiantion of attacking with flair and flopping around on the ground. And the referee has bought into all but one dive.

An Italian kicked Young's foot when both went for the ball. Won a freekick? We look very shaky now and I don't like it, we need to get back to how we were with the defence exposing balls from midfield.

We've gone into a shell now, I don't like it and I have a bad feeling if we don't get back to how we were.

In fairness, Serbia played some of the most negative football of the tournament against Italy, and nabbed a winner. They were very defensive in that match. Not sure what they were like against the Czech's though, didn't see the match.

Edited by IAceI

RE-EDIT: On the match at hand, Babel was clearly looking for that penalty when he knew he couldn't keep the ball in. Still, I want to see Portugal crash out at the first hurdle.