Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

I'll just do the top, bottom and selected middle teams, since nobody gets the mid-table teams right anyway:

Manchester United

Chelsea

Liverpool

Spurs

Blackburn

Arsenal

---

Sunderland

Derby

Wigan

Fulham'll finish safe in mid-table. Bolton, Man City and Villa will all be pushing for UEFA Cup spots but neither will get one. Birmingham, Boro and probably West Ham will all struggle, but avoid relegation.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bbc.co.uk

safc.com

football365.com

skysports.com

None of them are mentioning us being linked to Mido, so I'm expecting them just to be unfounded rumours made up by someone and sent to the newspaper. We don't need Mido, I can't see why we'd sign him. We're signing Roy O'Donovan from Cork for possibly £350k, we have Chopra, Stokes, John etc. I don't see why we need Mido at all, and since nowhere credible is reporting it, I'm not believing it.

Also apparently a possible deal for Craig Gordon is back on. We could really use a goalkeeper, and Gordon is one of the best young goalkeepers around. Plus I like Hearts so I'd like to see him come to us from a team I like <_<

Inter Milan - A side that defeated United the other night, then played like a bunch of amateur's against Villa.

...Nah, didn't watch the game, so don't know whether it was a bad performance from Inter or a good performance from Villa...or both.

Even still, P.S. Summers seems happy.

bbc.co.uk

safc.com

football365.com

skysports.com

None of them are mentioning us being linked to Mido, so I'm expecting them just to be unfounded rumours made up by someone and sent to the newspaper. We don't need Mido, I can't see why we'd sign him. We're signing Roy O'Donovan from Cork for possibly £350k, we have Chopra, Stokes, John etc. I don't see why we need Mido at all, and since nowhere credible is reporting it, I'm not believing it.

Also apparently a possible deal for Craig Gordon is back on. We could really use a goalkeeper, and Gordon is one of the best young goalkeepers around. Plus I like Hearts so I'd like to see him come to us from a team I like <_<

I think you just basically said, you do need him.

O'Donovan? An unknown. Chopra is unproven in the Premiership, 1 goal in 25 i believe, something like that. Just because he had 2 good seasons with Barnsley and Cardiff doesn't mean he's going to set the league a light. And Stokes again, unproven and Stern John hasn't been prolific since leaving Forrest, i feel you need Mido, because that Strike force really isn't gonna save you.

He'd be a great signing for Sunderland and go straight into the starting line-up.

Edited by IAceI

Money that can be spent better elsewhere in my opinion, eg. Craig Gordon. Also when I said we're signing O'Donavon for £350k, I was never implying that he'll start in the Premiership and score. He'll probably be forced to work his way up through the ranks, he's still quite young I believe.

I don't see the point in signing a player just for the sake of it, if you could see Mido improving the squad substantially then it would be a decent move, but I'm sure the money could be spent better elsewhere.

Yeah, I see what your saying - My point was the fact that he'd probably improve a side who by many would be expected to be facing a relegation battle this season.

One week to go until the new season begins and Sunderlands two most experienced Premiership players are Kieran Richardson and Dwight Yorke. If I were a Sunderland supporter I would be worried by the lack of quality players. Yes players such as Carlos Edwards and Michael Chopra may have done well in the Championship but can they cut it at Premiership level? Look at Darren Huckerby for example :ohwell:

One week to go until the new season begins and Sunderlands two most experienced Premiership players are Kieran Richardson and Dwight Yorke. If I were a Sunderland supporter I would be worried by the lack of quality players. Yes players such as Carlos Edwards and Michael Chopra may have done well in the Championship but can they cut it at Premiership level? Look at Darren Huckerby for example :ohwell:
Edited by IAceI