Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs seem to be lacking in midfield, can't see the point of having 4 great strikers if your midfield isn't up to scratch.

Very well played by Sunderland today over the game you have to say they deserved the win as they had more of the possesion and seemed to pass it about better than Spurs. Although Sunderland were dire at using their free kicks and corners.

When Aaron Lennon is fit, our midfield is hugely improved. Jenas had one of his bad days (unfortunately there's quite a few of them), Malbranque played quite well though, and Zokora wasn't terrible either. Tainio was out of position, I don't ever remember him playing right midfield before for us.

I question whether you actually watched the game or whether you're basing your opinion of the match on the last ten minutes. Both teams played as well as the other and both had good spells of pressure that should have produced more goals, but no more for one team than the other really. And I have no idea where you came up with Sunderland having more possession. They had 48% while Spurs had 52%.

What I liked was that when Tottenham had something like 62-38 possession, instead of curling up and being beaten down, Sunderland came back and retaliated with just as good if not even better play. Something I haven't seen us do in the Premiership in a long long time.

Then even better, when it gets to the last ten minutes and normally that's when we conceded most of our goals in our last Premiership spell, we do the opposite and play better and put on more pressure and get that goal.

Whatever the hell Roy Keane feeds his players it works.

Liverpool squad to face Villa:

Pepe Reina

Alvaro Arbeloa

Jamie Carragher

Daniel Agger

Steve Finnan

John Arne Riise

Steven Gerrard

Xabi Alonso

Jermaine Pennant

Dirk Kuyt

Fernando Torres

Subs:

Charles Itandje

Sami Hyypia

Andriy Voronin

Ryan Babel

Momo Sissoko

4-4-2 away from home! :D

Pompey 2-1 up, Derby just not able to hang on here.

Goal at Goodison, which way? Everton or Wigan.....

... Wigan. Shit. Wanted Everton to score so they'd go top.

EDIT: :o Derby score immediately after going 2-1 down. Wigan scored immediately after going 2-0 down. What's going on?!

Edited by IAceI