Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid performance, we weren't brilliant and Newcastle were rubbish, but we always looked like winning comfortably even though Torres was having an off day in front of goal.

Hyypia showed that he's still got something to offer, the rest has obviously done him good because he always looked comfortable even with Martins' pace. Arbeloa and Finnan didn't have much to do defensively but were good going forward, Finnan especially.

I've seen Sissoko criticised for that performance, but I can't see why. Do people expect him to start pinging the ball around like Alonso? He did exactly what he's always done - break up the opposition attack.

Lucas was quality, didn't look out of place at all. From what little we've seen of him he looks like a really good prospect, his passing is good and he showed he's not afraid to get stuck in. Not what you'd expect from a young Brazilian midfielder.

Good to see Kewell back, when he's fit he makes such a massive difference to our team. I really want him to get through the rest of the season, I know he's a figure of ridicule but it must be horrible to know that you spent your 'peak' injured for 80% of the time.

Torres and Kuyt linked well, and on another day Torres would have had three or four. It's nice to see missing chances not coming back to bite us, though.

Gerrard was easily man of the match. Played in his best 'position', starting out wide but then given the freedom to attack all over the pitch. Newcastle weren't able to pick him up and he had so much room, and his goal was quality.

lol, crisis.

This commentator for the Utd game is an arse. Keeps saying Bolton have been "dominant", which is bull shit. Utd have been poor and haven't created much, but neither have Bolton apart from their goal. And I'd go out on a limb to say Utd have had the better share of possession too.

Oh well, I still think we need to score within the first 15/20 minutes of the second half. Bolton are defending pretty well. And if there isn't a sending off in this game, I'll be surprised. Davies looks most likely for Bolton...had been booked, then clattered into the back of Evra - He's definitely on a last warning.

And I'd go out on a limb to say Utd have had the better share of possession too.

Well when they showed the possession stats about midway through the half, Bolton had most of it. No idea if the showed them again at half time.

Just checked BBC after I made the post...they say 52-48 in Utd's favour. Can't ALWAYS trust BBC though.

EDIT: Great. Fergie sent to the stands before the 2nd half even starts...

Edited by Baddar D