Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a side supposedly capable of breaking into the top four, City were laughable. No ambition apart from hoofing it upfield and hoping Vassell/Bianchi could hold onto it for a bit. If Gerrard and Kuyt had actually played decently we would've won comfortably.

I also found City to be negative, so it made the game pretty boring and frustrating for Liverpool fans. But to City's credit, they've come away with a point against one of the "top four", something which Sven would have been more than happy with at 4pm today.

For a side supposedly capable of breaking into the top four, City were laughable. No ambition apart from hoofing it upfield and hoping Vassell/Bianchi could hold onto it for a bit. If Gerrard and Kuyt had actually played decently we would've won comfortably.

I also found City to be negative, so it made the game pretty boring and frustrating for Liverpool fans. But to City's credit, they've come away with a point against one of the "top four", something which Sven would have been more than happy with at 4pm today.

• Admin

Villa deserved to win, we were atrocious.

And I don't think you should actually buy a top-class right back. Mellberg has been fucking class there and if he is replaced at RB by a 'natural' one, MoN would have to choose only 2 from Laursen/Mellberg/Knight/Davies. Buy a young one who is up-and-coming, maybe delve into the Championship. I hear Lloyd Doyley is available ¬_¬

Mellberg has a good cross. =/ He's put in good balls time and time again.

And the reason we need a right back is because Mellberg wont be here next summer. Not because no one has faith in him. I'd keep Mellberg as right for next season if I could, but it wont happen. He's going to italy.

In other news, superb win over the Yiddos.

Edited by deliriSUM

I'd imagine he'll probably get a bit more of a run in the cup games coming up if he can get fit in time, with Burnley and Tottenham coming up it's the ideal chance to get him match fit and get that little bit of experience into what will otherwise probably be a young team on both occasions.

Can't say he's being missed too much right now, which is not to say his return won't be more than welcome.