Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAREW!! CAREW!! CAREW IS ON FI-AHHHHHH!!!

He scored what's known as a Ruud Van Nistelrooy hat-trick.

Got quite lucky with the 2 with his head and the other was a penalty.

..dig at RVN? Possibly your most prolific and best goal scorer you've had?

He was a player who scored goals for fun for you lot.

Dig?

No way. I loved it when he scored the goals, obviously.

But fans of other sides used to complain that he could only score tap-in's or when he was "offside".

When Ruud moved to Real, I promptly bought a Real Madrid shirt. :shifty:

Meh. He scored like one goal outside of the area. But he scored goals.

It's just when you said 'lucky' made it sound like a dig. Since he was never really lucky, just knew where to be.

And it's not surprising one was a penalty, your Man Utd so there's plenty of practice >_>

Meh. He scored like one goal outside of the area. But he scored goals.

It's just when you said 'lucky' made it sound like a dig. Since he was never really lucky, just knew where to be.

And it's not surprising one was a penalty, your Man Utd so there's plenty of practice >_>

He's definitely one of the best at being in the right place at the right time. It's just how you see it on the day really. Normally you'd say "He's got to be there to score." But if he scores against you, it can soon turn into "Lucky bastard."

I said lucky, meaning how Carew's came about today. Back of the head, a rebound onto his head and a penalty. Some will agree, others will just say what you said. That he was in the right place.

Ruud did score plenty of goals that could be classed as "lucky". He seemed to score quite a lot when he was offside and just not spotted...that was what started opposition fans practically saying all the goals he scored were offside.

I love Ruud more than Eagles...And trust me I love Eagles :wub:

:shifty:

Well, since Eagles is set to be an awesome flop. I'd suggest you change that now.

I remember back when Ebanks-Blake was going to be the best midfielder in the Premiership at one time >_>

You won't be saying that when Keano takes him on loan next season and he sets the PL on fire.

...Providing you stay up. Hope you do.

Yep; Steve Bruce is right. Wigan should have won because the fact Gordon made the saves doesn't matter, they had chances and therefore should have won.

If they weren't so poor, up against an actually stern defence today with a strong goalkeeper and so whimsical at the back in the second half - then maybe I'd agree with him.

To me dominating a half and creating chances, yet coming away with nothing means either the other team were better on the day or you have some attacking problems.

Then again I hate Steve Bruce, Wigan and am a Sunderland fan so I'm destined to say that. I just don't like the whole "we had more chances therefore we should have won" routine everyone does, the chance is only half the work, actually putting it in the net is the other half. We had less chances and scored two goals, they had more chances and didn't score, but oh well. We played for the win when 1-0 up, sat back and let them pressure us, they came close a few times but we caught them on the counter attack. Oh well.

3 points. Up to 14th. Great to see.