Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Granted, Eduardo's injury was horrific, and I hope he recovers as soon as possible, but where does Wenger get off in saying Taylor should be banned from football? It was obviously just a mis-timed tackle, with no intent, and Taylor looked distraught about the whole thing.

Didn't hear anything from Wenger last week when Eboue and Flamini were deliberately trying to hurt people did you.

Guest chatterbox

I can't believe we are losing 3-1. With the way Liverpool's defence have been performing, decent strikers would have extracted tonnes of goals. Get Alves on there for fuck sake, there has never been a better chances to score.

Player ratings, because I'm bored:

Reina: 6. Could do nothing about the goals and had nothing else to do. Collected his crosses easily enough.

Finnan: 6. Alright going forward but a bit shaky defensively, which has sadly been the case all season. When all our defenders are fit I don't see him starting.

Aurelio: 7. Good in attack and solid enough defensively, wasn't helped by the CB pairing though.

Arbeloa: 5. Not his fault, not a centre back. Positioning was awful but did manage to make a couple of decent tackles early on.

Hyypia: 7. Solid as ever. Been amazing this season, played much more than expected and has done really well. Legend.

Lucas: 5. Poor. Passing was wayward and struggled to make an impact.

Mascherano: 6. His worst game in a while for us.

Gerrard: 6. Not great (again), seems to be sulking his way through matches at the moment. Too many misplaced 'Hollywood passes' and constantly smashes the ball from thirty yards when there are others in better positions ahead of him.

Babel: 7. Started brightly but faded in the second half, which always seems to be the case with him. I wish he'd learn to actually use his pace and go round the defender instead of trying to run straight through him, though.

Kuyt: 7. Deserved a goal. Worked really hard and linked up play well. Won't get any recognition for it though as HE DIDNT SCORE ROFLZOMG.

Torres: 9. Amazing.