Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread 07/08

Adam

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it time... West Brom have two games in hand, Watford and Wolves both have one. City also have to play Wolves and 2nd place Stoke at one point. Although both of West Brom's games in hand are actually against Wolves and Watford, so that kills that :shifty: But, if Stoke keep the results, West Brom get the points and Wolves get results against City, they can get pushed into the play-offs. And we know how shit they are at them :)

Still, if they go up it's good for Bristol as a city and they'll get completely obliterate and shoved back down with a thump, totally and utterly annihilated by the rest of the Premiership, so it has positives :D

As for today, our wonderful new loan signing... is out for the season. Fucked his MCL up. Season over for him. Stupid fucker <_<

Oh well... come on Josh Klein-Davies and Sean Rigg!

PS: And in news for legends of the Gas, Ollie won a game! Leicester will stay up and become a force of English football soon - trust me :shifty:

Edited by 'Wildcat' BSIG

Remember at the start of the season when 90% of you lot said Carlisle would be relegated from League One - most saying "couldn't think of anyone else" so yeah, screw you lot ¬_¬

Although Carlisle is a city, they should in theory be playing in the top two tiers of football >_<

Swansea are really dipping in form atm.

Should this keep up then Carlisle could JUST overtake them

So what is everyones opinion on Leeds and the chances of them getting points back? If they get 15 points back now they're still title contenders.

My opinion of the situation hinges on the fact that all appeals should take place before the season actually starts, not at the climax of the season. Leeds fans claim that it's the Footbal League that's caused the delay, but surely they had a choice at the very start to reject the offer of 15 points and a place in the league if they wanted to contest it.

Carlisle haven't been inspiring. Lost against Nottingham Forest to snap their 14-game-home-win-streak and laboured to a last minute victory over Yeovil. If they get their act together they can take the league - but they need to be a bit more convincing than that.

It's Swansea's to lose, and at the minute I'm not sure if it's even a three horse race. I think with that extra game, assuming Carlisle take the points Doncaster are just going to have to settle for 3rd. We'll see. Doncaster definitely won't win it though, they may sneak 2nd.

Swansea's to lose and Carlisle just need to keep winning.

• 2 weeks later...

Big day in the Championship today, 3rd v 4th, 5th v 6th and 7th v 8th. All big games, the league is so close.

Predictions for today -

Barnsley v Leicester, 2-2

Blackpool v Sheff Wed, 1-2

Colchester v Coventry, 1-1

Norwich v West Brom, 0-3

Plymouth v Preston, 1-1

QPR v Charlton, 2-2

Scunthorpe v Cardiff, 0-1

Sheff Utd v Hull, 2-0

Southampton v Burnley, 0-0

Stoke v Bristol City, 2-1

Watford v Crystal Palace, 3-1

Wolverhampton v Ipswich, 1-2

[1] Mathmatically safe for next season. I am happy :)

[2] We've got Steve Elliot. Believe me when I say he is fucking brilliant.

[3] Stoke have made me a happy man :D