Playstation 3 or X-Box 360?

Scarface

I need to hear your opinions on the matter, as it is just a couple of months away from my birthday and I am anticipating one of these systems. I want to hear the pros and cons that you've had with your systems and I am looking to spark a debate between both parties. Have at it.

360 is far superior. It'll cost you less, its got better games and seems to beat out PS3 in graphics for the most part. If you're really set on spending $500 on a sytem, get an Xbox 360 Elite

I'd say X-Box 360 over PS3 for right now. X-Box has a good library and the online service is one of the highlights for the system. PS3 will eventually get some good games, but as it stands that won't be until later this year. Games right now that I'd recommend for the 360 are Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Guitar Hero 2, Shadowrun, and Saints Row.

As far as the Wii, while it has the potential to be a great system, but so far the games have just been mediocre or complete rubbish. I expect that all to change when Super Mario Galaxy is released.

360.. I'm going to echo what everyone else is saying with the online service probably being one of the best right now, but who knows things can change. Plus, PS3 really has not hit the market with "true" games, meaning games that are exclusive to the system, except for a few. Give PS3 a few more years, maybe wait till at least Christmas for the price of the system to go down.

Not any more they don't. They were so, so banking on exclusivity...

They've lost the next FF (XII? XIII?). They're fighting for MGS4, but there will most likely be a port of either the base game or the Substance/Subsistence sequel. They lost GTA IV (in the beginning, anyway).

Get a 360.

The GBA is almost outselling the PS3 right now (that's not a joke). Honestly, I don't see a point in the PS3 unless you're a huge Final Fantasy or Metal Gear fan. And yes, as of right now, both are still assumed exclusives... but other than that, PS3 doesn't have much going for it - unless they really knock it out of the park with the Home service, I don't see them doing much this time around.

I'm sad, because being a PS3 owner, I still have to say that you should get a 360. The 360 has more exclusive games and the Live thing gets more activity than a PS3 Online. The only reason I got the PS3 was because I'm an FF fanboy (and will be severely pissed off if FFvs13 goes to the 360) and as of yet, FF is exclusive.

Although I can vouch for the PS3 in having the better graphical power, developers just aren't tapping into that yet as it's time consuming and really doesn't pay off that much. If you're a gamer, you're not playing for the graphics, you're playing to have fun. Graphics just enhance that a little by making it easier on the eye.

In other words, 360.

Edited by The Laughing Man

I've been as Playstation fan for ages, and I'd be tempted to get the PS3 just for the backwards compatibility so I don't have 32 odd games that I can't play.....but I'm getting seriously tempted to buy an X-Box 360.

I thought most of the backwards compatibility on the PS3 had been mostly fixed with the firmware updates? I think it really just depends on your preference on what games or on each, but from the 360 I played it was noisy as hell. My PS3 seems to get really hot when playing PS3 games though.

I will also be asking myself this kind of question at some point - though for now, I intend to put it off until I at least have a television decent enough to fully exploit said technology. Still got an old 28" one at the moment, which irritatingly cuts about half an inch off the edges so that useful text in games is half hidden.

37" HDTV will be the basic minimum, methinks. :shifty:

I thought most of the backwards compatibility on the PS3 had been mostly fixed with the firmware updates? I think it really just depends on your preference on what games or on each, but from the 360 I played it was noisy as hell. My PS3 seems to get really hot when playing PS3 games though.

Not any more they don't. They were so, so banking on exclusivity...

They've lost the next FF (XII? XIII?). They're fighting for MGS4, but there will most likely be a port of either the base game or the Substance/Subsistence sequel. They lost GTA IV (in the beginning, anyway).

Get a 360.