Live Earth

Bigal

Anyone watching? I just switched on to see Snow Patrol singing "Chasing Cars" (which is pretty catchy). It's supposed to be one of the world's biggest ever concerts. My problem with it is that I watched all of Live 8, and didn't mind the videos to highlight the issues because I cared about them, but I really couldn't give a shit about climate change >_>

So, who's watching?

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to, then I realised I really don't give a fuck about climate change and, like you, I don't want to spend my afternoon watching a show where every 5 minutes I'm shown a video of a penguin lying on the beach eating pineapple.

Bwhahahahaha, Jack Osbourne's awesome. He just said recycling doesn't help. No humouring FTW.

I turned it on and saw that :P Was it Dave Grohl they were interviewing before Jack, I turned it on as the camera cut, so I got to see him for a millisecond

The coverage is sucking the big one here in Oz, as we are getting the "World" feed which is basically song, 5-7 minute video about the earth, song, another video, 3-4 minute ad break, etc. If you are after live music, MSN has the best coverage.

Indeed. Damien > many. Bodes well for his show in Dublin that I'm attending.

EDIT: Awesome. They're doing "Que sera sera" with different lyrics, and the subtitles are showing the original words >_>

Edited by Bigal666

Yeah, so the Wimbledon Women's Final kicks ass on BBC1. And the British Grand Prix Qualifying before that on ITV.

Anything else I can watch to avoid Live Earth?

Oh, and how much electricity and therefore carbon emissions are being produced by "the biggest concerts ever" in several cities across the globe? At least Live Aid didn't create more poverty. Damn hypocrite Al Gore.

Yeah, so the Wimbledon Women's Final kicks ass on BBC1. And the British Grand Prix Qualifying before that on ITV.

Anything else I can watch to avoid Live Earth?

Oh, and how much electricity and therefore carbon emissions are being produced by "the biggest concerts ever" in several cities across the globe? At least Live Aid didn't create more poverty. Damn hypocrite Al Gore.

I was thinking that just then when they were talking about carbon footprints.