Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

FF2 completed. It's a better game than I remembered but sorely lacking in decent boss fights, and the levelling is still not great, but generally it's a fun little romp. It definitely earns its place as the "bastard child" of Final Fantasy, but it is still very much Final Fantasy and is the one that started the FF tradition of always being something different from that which came before. I definitely feel like if any FF could have an unexpected sequel, it would be this, as there's a lot of exploration and intruiged left unexplored.

• Like 5

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Benji said:

I genuinely forgot how short FF3 is. It feels like I'm at the half way point from memory, FF1 felt longer, though that may have been the more unforgiving dungeons tbf.

Did you buy a physical copy of the game? Or did you just go with the digital versions?

1 hour ago, Liam said:

Did you buy a physical copy of the game? Or did you just go with the digital versions?

I went digital. To be honest when I bought it I didn't even know physical editions were happening, but I am fine with not having them as it means I don't have to disc switch and I can see myself dipping in and out of them between other gaming sessions.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Benji, you're making it real hard to resist getting this bundle!

Blame Squaresoft for making such wonderful games back in the day. The other ones might be very good games, but replaying these has reminded me there's definitely noticeably been less sparkle to FF over the years.

• Like 1

FF3 finished and man I forgot how fun this one was. It's so odd and almost whimsical in what it does. Mini towns? Sure. Submarines? Why not! Airships that destroy rocks? Of course! Fighting the very personification of darkness just because we're the good guys and that's reason enough for this random villain to appear last second? Sure. Job class system that basically changed Final Fantasy forever? Go for it. Summon monsters? Fuck yeah. Bat winged weird little adorable moogles? God yes. Just throw shit to the wall and see what sticks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Benji said:

I'm oddly hyped for this one. I won't be getting it on release as I don't have a PS5, but all the stuff I've seen and read looks pretty dope.

Same here. It's been the first original Final Fantasy since maybe X that I've really felt like I need to play it. 

25 or so years playing Final Fantasy games, and not once did I realise that if you select a rod or staff as an item during battle in some of them, that it casts an MP free spell. The amount of times that could have come in handy. It's literally even in the descriptions 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I got stuck in FF1, trying to figure out where to go after the Earth Shrine (then again after the fire, and then what to do with the levistone)... thankfully I then found my grove and upgraded my classes, spent all my money on magic and now in the sunken shrine. I found an item for my white mage to cast heal every turn, and an item for my black mage to cast thundara every turn. No more 10hp damaging hits!

I must say. I do love the ability to turn off random encounters. Would have made all the above way more annoying.