Vick Indicted

Maxx

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus these charges aren't being filed by backwoods police officers, its the federal government, they wouldn't be issuing an indictment if they didn't believe he'll be found guilty. As syco said, they've got an incredible conviction rate and rarely lose cases. Even when they do the defendant can wind up in prison.

What was the point of that? All you did was quote the guy and didn't add anything to discussion whatsoever. You didn't even comment on his comment or anything, you just quoted and decided to up the post count?

Oh you changed the word...to something that means the same thing basically. Good job. (Y)

Edited by Rumors of War

ESPN has a little Q&A thing up with Lester Munson. Here's the worst part of what I found.

If the dogs failed the test, the indictment charges, they were executed by hanging or drowning. In one case, with Vick present, the indictment says a dog was slammed to the ground until it was dead. In another incident, a dog was soaked with a hose and then electrocuted. Those aren't the sort of transgressions that lead to probation and community service. It's the kind of behavior that results in punishment, and the punishment will be jail time.

Edited by Bob Roberts

There's a chance he won't be convicted because of your stupid fucking media. Defence will just cry there's no way he can get a fair trial and the like because he's already been made a monster in the eyes of the public/jury by the press.

And you can't suspend him without him being found guilty, what the fuck? Yeah, it's messed up what he's alleged to have done, but if he is innocent, he doesn't deserved to be punished.

And you can't suspend him without him being found guilty, what the fuck? Yeah, it's messed up what he's alleged to have done, but if he is innocent, he doesn't deserved to be punished.

With the way this is piling up, he'd be smart to take whatever plea bargain they throw his way. If it goes to trial, his friend will probably sell him out and he'll end up doing a max sentence for the crime. This is the Federal Government, friends of the President couldn't beat it, a football player has no hope.

If they throw him a deal like, plead guilty and get 3-4 years with reduced fines, he's insane not to take it.

If that happens I'll say he got great lawyers and beat the system. Seriously, common sense would tell you he's, if not fully guilty, then was at least knowledgeable about the situation. Either way, it's nice to see the classic art of trolling make a return. :shifty:

Or "They're just jealous he's rich and famous! They want money!"...or something of that retarded ilk.

I'd love for him to be innocent, but Biggz is right, even if he's not fully guilty of all of this, he's at least knowledgeable and that in itself shows you what kind of person he is for basically condoning it and then lying about it later on.

Guest Miyagi

When indicted, conviction rate is 95%. And if you've read the indictment, Vick's name is ALL over that thing, not like a mention here or there. The sentiment around here is that a lot of people in Atlanta are making this a race issue (which I can try to understand as far as to why they would say that), but to me that argument just doesn't stand. Whites didn't defend Ted Bundy or other murderers. And while Vick was not involved with killing any people, it's not like dogs don't feel pain.

My guess is the best argument that people will have is that before anyone was charged and given the chance to tell what they knew, Vick was already being tried in the public court. I know that if I knew Vick was being looked at and I was in the position to say his name, I would even if I had no idea. It seems that even if these other people had no idea about Vick, they can easily lie and say they knew he was there just to get themselves out of trouble.

And while I don't condone dog-fighting, there is a major difference between fighting dogs and what they are accusing Vick of doing. Beating to death, electrocution, hanging, etc are all much, much worse then letting two dogs fight until one quits, at least in my opinion.

And while I don't condone dog-fighting, there is a major difference between fighting dogs and what they are accusing Vick of doing. Beating to death, electrocution, hanging, etc are all much, much worse then letting two dogs fight until one quits, at least in my opinion.
Edited by ACCBiggz

Just because a dog loses doesn't mean they have to kill it in a horrible manner. I'm not an expert, but I do know of people who have fought dogs before and they never did anything like this, if a dog lost, they simply let the dog heal and either would let him fight later on or never again. Granted, they weren't high rollers or even people who did it for betting, but it's an example.

Also, if two dogs are fighting in a pit, a dog will quit by not attacking anymore and running away, I've seen it on the footage we've been shown in dog fighting. So while it doesn't "tap out" or "hold up a white flag" as the examples you used to mock me, it is obvious when a dog refuses to fight back and runs away that it's thrown in the towel.