Vick Indicted

Maxx

If this is true, which if the feds are on it I assume it is, I hope this guy gets the fucking book thrown at him. What kind of piece of shit does something like this? Nothing but a lowlife fucking thug could get entertainment out of something like this for years on end.

Again, if Vick was involved in something like this, here's hoping ol' Ron Mexico gets more than just herpes in federal prison.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because a dog loses doesn't mean they have to kill it in a horrible manner. I'm not an expert, but I do know of people who have fought dogs before and they never did anything like this, if a dog lost, they simply let the dog heal and either would let him fight later on or never again. Granted, they weren't high rollers or even people who did it for betting, but it's an example.

Also, if two dogs are fighting in a pit, a dog will quit by not attacking anymore and running away, I've seen it on the footage we've been shown in dog fighting. So while it doesn't "tap out" or "hold up a white flag" as the examples you used to mock me, it is obvious when a dog refuses to fight back and runs away that it's thrown in the towel.

The more I've thought on this issue, the less I think this is just about the dog fighting. Thats not a federal case.

More likely, Vick's caught himself a case of Rico, or racketeering charges, based on gambling. Thats a lot more likely, because just fighting dogs wouldn't bring down the feds, it'd just be a state case.

Oh yeah, they only made it a felony because of the gambling issues that were attached to it.

And who ever said Vick will be found innocent, I think you're really underestimating the gravity of the situation. This is the federal government, they don't take time out to indict people if they don't think they'll get a conviction

The fact that he was one of the major players in gambling, that he supplied not only the location for it but bought the house and allowed people to raise their dogs there, and that everything was in his name is the reason that the Feds got involved. I don't know if there are any racketeering charges, but that's the reason it's the Feds and not the state.

He pleaded not guilty today (no surprise), the surprise was the prosecution said they have a superseding indictment which means more charges will be brought against Vick. Also according to the prosecution I believe they already have four people who were involved in the bag willing to testify against Vick.

I love it.

Article on ESPN sums up what the Prosecution told Vick and his co-defendants

basically they said:

We've already charged you with serious crimes. You might want to consider a guilty plea. We are going to file more charges next month. That gives you a few weeks to think about the guilty plea. If you come and talk to us about pleading guilty and testifying for us, there will be no more charges against you. If you do not, the charges and the potential punishment will grow quickly.

So by next month Vick might be the only one left pleading not guilty, cause I can't see him say he's guilty, however smart that might be.

Well, it seems like my prediction of Vick being the only one left pleading not guilty next month is starting to ring true. ESPN is reporting that one of Vick's co-defendants, Tony Taylor has scheduled a plea agreement hearing for Monday.

So, there's almost no way that plea agreement won't involve him testifying against Vick. One down, two to go and then Vick is really, really, really screwed.

He was screwed anyways, as I'm sure the government has either some great evidence or a great witness tucked away, as Vick went from having zero chance of being involved in any indictment to being the main target of the indictment in a matter of days.

The more I've thought on this issue, the less I think this is just about the dog fighting. Thats not a federal case.

More likely, Vick's caught himself a case of Rico, or racketeering charges, based on gambling. Thats a lot more likely, because just fighting dogs wouldn't bring down the feds, it'd just be a state case.

Vince McMahon's case was also a little different than this one involving Vick though if I recall correctly.

But in any case, if Vick doesn't plead guilty he's done. If just one of his co-defendents agrees to testify against Vick he has no chance of getting out of at least some of the charges.

If ESPN is correct with all the details about Tony Taylor's involvement in the case, the prosecution just got the guy who'd make the best witness out of the 3 co-defendants.

Taylor is said to be the one who found the house and arranged for it to be bought with Vick's money, he got all the permits for the sheds and such and was apparently present with Vick during various fights and executions.

So the prosecution doesn't even need the other 2 to turn, but I bet they'll get them anyways.

Coach Petrino is probably happy though, he has absolutely no expectations to live up to now, and will probably end up with a high pick in the draft which will put him in a great position to draft Brian Brohm

• 3 weeks later...

Michael Vick, Al-Qaeda operative!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293268,00.html

:blink:

I saw it on digg and thought it was just a joke article, but it's apparently.. serious. >_> Wow. 63 zillion dollar lawsuits!

DMN indeed calls it, as Vick is now facing charges involving RICO, which can make his max sentence even more severe than it was previously.

Furthermore, it appears the other two co-defendants aside from Vick will enter guilty pleas and agree to testify, while Vick himself is being persuaded to accept a plea deal as well. There are two very good articles over at ESPN.com (here is the Munson article, here is the plea deal artcile.)

We may see a quick end to this mess, or Vick may very well decide to go down blazing.

Strangely, the race talk that initially emerged in Atlanta and a lot of the surrounding areas has begun to seemingly cool as details continue to emerge and the scene unfolds. Now it primarily seems as if people are just stepping back and watching their former football hero finish his fall from popularity.

This is all just horrible.

I used to admire Vick, he seemed like a clean cut guy who could really do some harm on the field with some focus.

I'll never understand why people with so much to lost do stupid shit like this, I hope he gets some prison time to think about this.

Then he can write a book.

"If I Did It"