2007-2008 NBA Thread

Honestly, I'd give up anybody on our team right now. It wont happen, but I'd say Chauncey would be one that I'd try to hang onto, but maybe Rip and Prince, a draft pick, and one of our young guys. Then you get Sheed, Dyess, Kobe, Billups, and Jarvis Hayes or I guess at small forward. It'd be interesting anyway.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'd give up anybody on our team right now. It wont happen, but I'd say Chauncey would be one that I'd try to hang onto, but maybe Rip and Prince, a draft pick, and one of our young guys. Then you get Sheed, Dyess, Kobe, Billups, and Jarvis Hayes or I guess at small forward. It'd be interesting anyway.

If I'm the Pistons, I could see dealing Rip and either Sheed or McDyess...don't they still have Jason Maxiell? He seemed ready to start at times. I'd clear the PF spot for him if possible.

I'm somewhat horrified by the nagging thought that Bird's gonna try to offer up Jermaine O'Neal and half the roster for Kobe. Don't get me wrong, I'm sort of convinced that it might be time to blow up the Pacers, anyway, but Kobe'll just be in the same situation he's in now and bitch about it endlessly.

I could seed detroit being able to do it with out screwing themselves. I hate to see rip go, but if it was to get kobe, I do it. I just don't See Detroit letting go anyone other then rip in that starting line up. maybe dysse to as said above. Chicago is on the verge of being an above average team if they did it again this year, but that trade would end that. I think Maxielle is ready, witch would make dysse expendable.

If I'm the Pistons, I could see dealing Rip and either Sheed or McDyess...don't they still have Jason Maxiell? He seemed ready to start at times. I'd clear the PF spot for him if possible.

I'm somewhat horrified by the nagging thought that Bird's gonna try to offer up Jermaine O'Neal and half the roster for Kobe. Don't get me wrong, I'm sort of convinced that it might be time to blow up the Pacers, anyway, but Kobe'll just be in the same situation he's in now and bitch about it endlessly.

Yeah, Maxiell is slated to be our sixth man this year, with McDyess starting. I'd imagine they'll want to keep Dice's minutes limited, even for a starter, due to his injury history. This will be his first year starting in quite some time.

Trading Rasheed or Dice is risky, I'd prefer to not either of them in a trade. Losing one of them leaves us with Maxiell, Amir Johnson, and Nazr Mohammed beyond the guy not traded. Max will be very good, but is only 6'7, so might not be effective as a starter when going against bigger power forwards and centers. Amir is young, and raw, but he's still going to see a good amount of action as they have a lot of faith in him. Nazr's not bad, but is best served on the bench and not in a starting position. Though I've heard rumors that Chris Webber wants to be a Piston again, I have to say thanks but no thanks to that.

I think that trade is good, Davis might play better now that he is on a team with the likes of Shaq, Wade etc. Antoine Walker will also be good for the Wolves, seeing as he could be the veteran leader of the team.

Sadly, I don't have a good feeling about my Sixers this season. Thaddeus Young was a good pick but he won't contribute straight away, Jason Smith might but ocne again I doubt it. I say in 3 or 4 years the Sixers will be awesome, can you just imagine Young who will be just great and Iguodala...ahhh...*drools*

Fingers and toes crossed for the Raptors this season. After hitting the playoffs last time round, there's no reason we can't do it again - is Jason Kapono an upgrade over Morris Peterson? I don't really want to say - but a young team getting another year of experience is a bad thing how? Exactly. If the Celtics bond properly, they'll probably knock us out of the top spot, but I can't see why we can't put New Jersey into third in the division.

For the first time in about 7 years I find myself really excited about the start of an NBA season. I don't know what it is. Maybe the Raptors finally having a good young team with a lot of depth has something to do with it. Maybe it is the East finally being pretty deep. I think Boston is good....but not great. Depth is gonna be a problem for them if one of the big 3 goes down but they'll coast to the playoffs. I see them running into some problems in the playoffs because of the lack of depth on the roster. I really do believe we are going to see a new team emerge in the West this year. Year after year the Spurs coast through the regular season giving Duncan his rest. I see them not getting home court this year and possibly running into a tough first round match up. With that in mind here are my predictions for this season.

Regular Season

1) Chicago

2) Toronto

3) Boston

4) Orlando

5) Cleveland

6) Detroit

7) New Jersey

8) Washington

1) Dallas

2) Phoenix

3) Denver

4) Houston

5) San Antonio

6) Utah

7) Golden State

8) New Orleans Hornets

Playoffs

First Round:

Chicago over Washington

Orlando over Cleveland

Toronto over New Jersey

Boston over Detroit

Dallas over New Orleans

Houston over San Antonio

Phoenix over Golden State

Denver over Utah

Second Round:

Chicago over Orlando

Toronto over Boston

Houston over Dallas

Phoenix over Denver

Conference Finals:

Toronto over Chicago

Houston over Phoenix

NBA Finals:

Houston over Toronto

MVP - T-Mac

ROY- Kevin Durant

Defensive Player of the year - KG

Sixth man - Steve Francis

Coach of the year - Rick Adelman

What is your outlook on the 07-08 season? If you guys can please vote 1-8 and playoff winners plus the awards...I'll tally up the results and post them here.

Edited by sahyder1

Division winners

Atlantic: New Jersey Nets

Central: Chicago Kobes

Southeast: Orlando Magic

Southwest: Dallas Mavericks

Northwest: Denver Nuggets

Pacific: Phoenix Suns

ROY - Kevin Durant

MVP - Kevin Garnett, though my dark horse is Yao Ming :shifty:

ECF - Chicago over Boston in 7

WCF - San Antonio over Dallas in 6

Finals - San Antonio over Chicago in 5 in a repeat of last year's final with Chicago playing the role of media darling with a superduperstar jobbing to the most boring/fundamentally sound team in the league.

Edited by naiwf

The ending to this Rockets/Lakers game has been NUTS. LA came back from 12 down to tie it in the last 1:36, but Battier just nailed a triple with 2.5 seconds to go and Houston out of timeouts. A foul took place on Bryant who hit the first, missed the second but they couldn't get the rebound as Alston possibly fouled Kobe without it being called. Houston wins 95-93 with Kobe going off for 45. Not bad for opening night.

Edited by naiwf

I saw the Blazers/Spurs game today, Aldridge and Webster were on FIRE. Especially Aldridge, he might even get MIP this year, though my fave. rookie from last years draft (Brandon Roy) only scored 5 and I think dished 6 assists. Anyway..

Division Winners:

Eastern Conference:

Atlantic: Boston Celtics

Central: Chicago Bulls

Southeast: Orlando Magic

Western Conference:

Southwest: Dallas Mavericks

Northwest: Denver Nuggets

Pacific: Phoenix Suns

Eastern Conference Finals:

Chicago over Boston in 6

Western Conference Finals:

Phoenix over San Antonio in 7

NBA Finals:

Phoenix over Chicago in 6

MVP: LeBron James

ROY: Kevin Durant

DPY: Kevin Garnett

Sixth Man: ?

Coach of the Year: Doc Rivers

MIP: LaMarcus Aldridge

I have a feeling Phoenix will win it, judging Amare can stay healthy and Marion wont be traded. Nash will play the role he always has, MVP of the team. :P

Chicago will most likely make it to the ECF and possibly the NBA Finals, though I still feel their team is a little too young to win it.

About the LeBron pick for MVP, I see him going amazing this season, much like last season but better...

Edited by Notorious P.O.T