2007-2008 NBA Thread

As a Spanish, I'm happy to see Pau Gasol in Lakers. I think he can accomplish his dream of winning NBA. But i'm sad with what will happen to Navarro. Navarro is very irregular in Memphis, but in Barcelona he was doing 20 points per match. And Marc Gasol, I think he will stay one year more in Spain before he goes to Memphis.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think, Marc is growing big, he's doing 16 points per match and 7 rebounds per match. He's been MVP of the month two times. But he isn't better than his brother. Pau was three seasons with Barcelona and then he went to NBA. Marc signed with Girona, after seeing he doesn't get minutes in Barcelona.

Another one who i want to see in NBA is Rudy Fernandez, Trail Blazers actually have his rights. He's definitely a lot better than Sergio Rodriguez.

I also hope will Garbajosa recover soon.

Starr, I don't see any reason for the Lakers to trade for Kidd. D-Fish is like a legend here (trust me, I'm a Laker fan and the wallpaper on my computer is a pick of 'Point 4'. He's a perfect fit for the triangle.

I don't either, but LA just seems like one of the places Kidd would wanna go. And after Kobe spent the offseason begging for him, who knows?

So apparenty Shaq has been traded to the Phoenix Suns for Marcus Banks and Shawn Marion pending Shaq passing his physical.

Shaq does not fit in that fast paced Suns offense, especially with Shaq's bad knees. However, the West just got a lot more interesting with Gasol to the Lakers and Shaq to the Suns. I wonder if the Spurs will try to counter with something themselves. Damon Stoudamire FTW!

I think that the Shaq for Marion deal is a bad one for the Suns. Shaq is showing his age and is already slow. He doesn't fit into the Suns offence.

Unless Marion was just really awful in the dressing room. He really wanted out of their.

I think its a great trade for the Suns. They don't need Marion at all plus he was going to opt out of his contract anyways. Amare can now move to the 4. Where did the Suns go with the current group of people?....nowhere. Exactly. Shaq is going to be motivated going from the crap that is Miami to Phoenix. He doesn't need to be the focal point of the team.

The Cavs need to step up to the fucking plate. Make a god damn trade for somebody. Sure you're comfortable with the current roster and everyone is happy with each other. But did that matter last year when you blew it in the Finals? No. Trade for Kidd. The only guys who you cannot give up are LeBron and Ilgauskus. That's it. You have a whole roster to choose from.

I want to see Toronto add someone too, simply because they have not looked as good as they did last year. The bench needs a boost, as last season that was the weapon of the Raptors - a bench full of great players that would really outwork the other teams bench.

They don't need another PG. TJ Ford is now playing limited minutes and getting more and more healthy, and Jose Calderon has had a great year. I think they may need a guy who can play both forward positions well from the bench. Chris Bosh eats up a ton of minutes, but we don't have anyone past him. They have some guys at the SF position, but another option off the bench is always welcome since sometimes the position is a revolving door on the court trying to find the hot hand.

The Raptors game on Friday will be the 1,000th game in franchise history.

I'd think it might be sort of easy to put a no-trade in a guy's contract if you're of the opinion that no one would EVER want to trade for him. Stupid, yes, but easy.

And if George doesn't change his mind quickly (especially after going something like 0-11 last night), he's gonna get booed out of his own home arena on the nightly.