2007-2008 NBA Thread

If I were George, I'd probably pull the same thing. The guy wants to play and if he's going to be riding the pine again, I can't imagine him wanting out.

That being said, if the trade doesn't happen, there's no way he'll be staying in Dallas anyways because there's no way he could stay there after vetoing a trade that would've brought them a guy like Kidd.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a resident in Dallas and being a Mavericks fan, I can say that the general consensus here is that Devean George is a hero for vetoing that ridiculous trade. Giving up half of the team, three draft picks, and $3M for Jason Kidd is ridiculous.

Devean George is my hero.

I'm a Mavs fan and I was fine with the trade. The Mavs aren't winning a championship with the team they currently have, why not give it a shot with Jason Kidd? In a few years, Kidd's contract and Dampier's contract will be off the books, and the Mavericks will have alot of cap space.

That trade wasn't even that bad, as it was basically Kidd for Harris, with a bunch of other stuff thrown in to make the money work. Stackhouse was going to get bought out and return to Dallas. Losing Diop sucks, but with Jason Kidd, everyone would be getting better.

I'm a Mavs fan and I was fine with the trade. The Mavs aren't winning a championship with the team they currently have, why not give it a shot with Jason Kidd? In a few years, Kidd's contract and Dampier's contract will be off the books, and the Mavericks will have alot of cap space.

That trade wasn't even that bad, as it was basically Kidd for Harris, with a bunch of other stuff thrown in to make the money work. Stackhouse was going to get bought out and return to Dallas. Losing Diop sucks, but with Jason Kidd, everyone would be getting better.

And now, Stackhouse may have shot the whole damn thing to hell anyway by TELLING everyone that he was going to get bought out, rest for 30 days, and return to Dallas. Some other owners are apparently ready to protest, claiming tampering.

I think it was a stupid trade for Dallas. There I said it. No, I am not a Mavs fan. But tell me how this works.

You are getting an all-star point guard...yes. But one who is having a horrible season(36% from the field!). Yes, he gets tons of triple doubles. Because NO ONE in the NETS can fucking rebound! Dallas has a lot of tall guys, so that stat will drop automatically. Then what you have is a good floor general I give them that. But a good floor general who is older, slower and clearly on the last legs. Devin Harris has played great and he is going to be an All-Star level player in two years, mark my words! Plus, take a look at their PER stat(Player Efficiency Rating) and you will see that Harris has been way more efficient(almost two full points!) than Kidd all season long. Everybody says "dont look at this season, look at what they have done in their careers". So you are telling me to ignore an old guy's bad season and look at his past, when clearly, he is only going to decline and not improve. He is past his prime. But at the same time you tell me to ignore a young kid's future, a kid that has steadly improved his numbers every year and happens to be 10 years younger and a lot cheaper than the guy you are trying to bring in. Does this make sense? Add the fact that they will deal Diop, which is a very underrated player(He is a very good rebounder and shot blocker), their 6th man(Stackhouse), one of the best defenders in the league who has what the rest of the team does not, championship experience(George), future draft picks and money....for one player? And one player who is on the decline. I thought Phoenix's deal was bad, but this looks even worse.

*EDIT* And it's not like the Mavs need a lot of help to make it back to the Finals. They have an awesome team. Someone like Cleveland does need Kidd because they basically have LeBron, Gooden and Illgauskas and nothing else. But Dallas has a ton of options and a really good team with depth, depth which they intent to sacrifice in order to show the Lakers and Phoenix that they still have balls and are playing to win.

Edited by EWRFan

Yeah. I'm a Mavs fan and I'm telling you they won't make it to the finals this year. Are we forgetting they lost to an 8 seed last year? Or that they completely collapsed in the finals against Miami. The Kidd trade, much like the Shaq trade, is the Mavs taking a chance at winning now, because they knew their teams couldn't get it done as they were. This is all because of the Lakers trading for Gasol, because now they'll be serious contenders for the next several years, and teams are just trying to get ahead of them this year

Not sure on anything else, but if Dwight Howard pulls off the dunk he did in one of his practice videos, then he's winning for sure

Also, Mike Bibby to the Hawks for Shelden Williams, Anthony Johnson, Tyrone Lue and Lorenzen Wright. Nice move for the Hawks, of course they wouldn't have to worry about a PG if they had taken Chris Paul when they had the chance

Damn, Howard's first dunk was off-the-fucking-chain.

And then the guy from Minnesota blows out the candle with his own breath BEFORE dunking it was also crazy.

This is shaping up to be a classic Slam Dunk Contest.

EDIT: DWIGHT HOWARD JUST THREW THE BALL INTO THE HOOP DAMN THAT WAS AMAZING!

Edited by SKA

Okay, wondering what's up with the little hoop...besides burning all of Dwight's time. Yeah...that was nice.

And Kapono is fucking ice-cold.

And who would have seen the team with two centers winning the Shooting Stars? Robinson takes 20 seconds to make the 6-foot bunny, then drains his first half-courter? That was some divine intervention shit.

With the little hoop, I would have liked him putting it really high, and dunking a little ball with that little hoop set really, really high. But none the less, Dwight Howard has solidified himself in history, and like one of the announcer's said, next year will be even better because Howard set the bar ridiculously high.