2007-2008 NBA Thread

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the judge decides they have to finish their lease there's a chance Bennett will sell the team to avoid losing as much money as he says he is. In 2 years it's likely the Sonics will be in the midst of a dramatic turnaround too, and then it would be harder to justify moving the team... especially if Seattle puts together the money for a new stadium.

Which local investors are already doing. Bennet should just sell them the team back and take the Grizzlies to OKC, they're going to eventually move anyways and they're closer.

My predictions...

Lakers d. Nuggets in 6

Rockets d. Jazz in 7

Spurs d. Suns in 6

Mavericks d. Hornets in 6

Celtics d. Hawks in 4

Cavaliers d. Wizards in 7

Magic d. Raptors in 5

Pistons d. 76ers in 4

Rockets d. Lakers in 7

Mavericks d. Spurs in 7

Celtics d. Cavaliers in 5

Pistons d. Magic in 6

Mavericks d. Rockets in 6

Pistons d. Celtics in 7

Mavericks d. Pistons in 6

Keep in mind, I'm from Dallas. However, I think the Mavs have the potential to turn it up during the playoffs this year. I think they've finally been smart and saved their fuel that they had been burning up in the regular season the previous two years.

Nice little pushing match in the Cavs/Wiz game after Haywood set an illegal screen on LeBron. Big Z came in late and Jamison kept him from Haywood, somehow Big Z got away but Jamison picked up a T. Anyway, I always thought of Jamison as the soft-spoken type who might be a little soft, but I think I would've rather fought LeBron after seeing how intimidating Jamison looked.

Wizards could. Suns could. The others, no.

Los Angeles is going to the Western Conference Finals at the very least. Denver dosen't play any defense and LA is a better offensive team. Houston dosen't have the big man to stop Gasol, and Utah isn't going to have home court advantage, and isn't athletic enough to keep up with the Lakers.

Yes, Orlando won the season series but Bosh was out for one of those losses. Dropped 40 on them in the win. Raptors have a lot of big man fouls in Nesterovic, Brezec, Bosh, Bargnani and Humphries. Howard will be at the line a lot rather then getting those easy baskets that he tends to get with his presence inside. Calderon and Ford to me hold a big edge over the Magic PGs. I see a big playoffs for Calderon coming up.

Houston will as usual, lose in the first round. They've lost their home court advantage, Deron Williams and Boozer will run them into the ground soon enough.

See, as a Mavs fan now I hate the Kidd trade. Chris Paul molested the Mavericks last night, and I have a feeling its only going to get worse.

God I hate the Spurs, but that was a super clutch performance and sadly I think the Lakers are the only team that can really finish them off and not leave them openings to come back.

Cavs are going to win that series, LeBron will carry them through it after all the trash talking the Wizards have been doing.

It's now official, Chris Paul is most definitely my favorite non Piston to watch. The fucking guy is just simply amazing, he pretty much took over the Dallas/New Orleans game last night on his own. I'd love to see the Hornets get to the finals, a tough road, but if Paul continues this kind of play, they've got a shot. I like their whole squad to be honest, but a team like LA or San Antonio would prove to be a tough match up for them.

And today begins the start of the Pistons playoff series, which our guys are happy about. After the regular season ended, guys like Chauncey and Rasheed were both quoted as saying that they were glad to have the regular season over with. I think they're ready, and I think the bench play could be pivotal in our quest in winning another championship.

I see Detroit winning in five, I'll guess that they'll let one slip by them in Philadelphia.

Yes, Orlando won the season series but Bosh was out for one of those losses. Dropped 40 on them in the win. Raptors have a lot of big man fouls in Nesterovic, Brezec, Bosh, Bargnani and Humphries. Howard will be at the line a lot rather then getting those easy baskets that he tends to get with his presence inside. Calderon and Ford to me hold a big edge over the Magic PGs. I see a big playoffs for Calderon coming up.

Jameer Nelson is as good as Ford and Maurice Evans has really been playing well. I don't think they have an edge in that area at all, let alone a big one. As long as Howard stays consistent and Turkoglu & co. continue to shoot hot from 3-point range, I think the Magic waltz to the series win.

Ford and Calderon each put up better #s then Nelson even though they split time with each other all year. As for Evans, other then the double double the other day what has he done?

Hmm, and today Nelson scored nearly twice as much as Ford and Calderon together. Nelson's missed a few games with injury this season and has Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis to share points with. And as for Evans, since the Magic got him from the Lakers he's been solid, chipping in points when needed and he's yet another good option on three pointers. He's played well enough to get himself in the starting line-up.