2007-2008 NBA Thread

I believe the earliest possible start for a Detroit vs. Boston/Cleveland series would be Sunday.

Nice that we could send Orlando packing without Chauncey in these last two games. Rodney Stuckey has done a lot of growing up in this series, and has filled in admirably for the leader. Now we can give Chauncey some time to rest up while Cleveland and Boston beat up on each other.

I just hope we can get back to the finals this year, though we seem more focused, the players wont have the excuse of little rest to use, and our depth is much better than last year. I like our chances against anybody this year.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, 6 straight conference finals. That's quite an accomplishment in a sport with a Salary Cap. And let's by fair, doesn't it seem plausible they could make 2-3 more? This team isn't ready to age just yet I don't think. But only time will tell of course.

Also very happy N'awlins won, I'd really like to see them and Utah in the Conference Finals. Winner goes the NBA Finals and gets to take the nickname Jazz. Plus, from a pure basketball standpoint Deron Williams vs. Chris Paul will never cease to be entertaining.

The Pistons are one of those teams that I don't like and probably never will, but I respect the shit out of them. They seem to very rarely have games where they just piss it all away...kind of like Orlando did last night. I mean, only three turnovers in a pivotal playoff game? Skillz. And yeah, in the East, another 2 or 3 conference finals aren't out of the question at all, since so many teams seem to keep chasing their own tails and Detroit just keeps on adding that right piece.

Wow, 6 straight conference finals. That's quite an accomplishment in a sport with a Salary Cap. And let's by fair, doesn't it seem plausible they could make 2-3 more? This team isn't ready to age just yet I don't think. But only time will tell of course.

Also very happy N'awlins won, I'd really like to see them and Utah in the Conference Finals. Winner goes the NBA Finals and gets to take the nickname Jazz. Plus, from a pure basketball standpoint Deron Williams vs. Chris Paul will never cease to be entertaining.

Utah has to win in LA for that to happen, and unless Kobe goes down, and he won't, dude will play with one arm, I don't see that happening.

The Pistons are one of those teams that I don't like and probably never will, but I respect the shit out of them. They seem to very rarely have games where they just piss it all away...kind of like Orlando did last night. I mean, only three turnovers in a pivotal playoff game? Skillz. And yeah, in the East, another 2 or 3 conference finals aren't out of the question at all, since so many teams seem to keep chasing their own tails and Detroit just keeps on adding that right piece.

Speaking of pissing aways, the Cavs are doing the same thing right now with 7 minutes still left. Maybe if Varejao could hit some fucking free throws, we would be only down by 6.

Well looks like Booby is out of the playoffs with a separating shoulder after running into someone last night, might have been Gary Davis (I think that's his name). I think they might win at home tomorrow in a very tight game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lost, and I won't be surprised when they do lose in Boston if they make it to Game 7. But I won't be very mad. The Cavs are still not a championship caliber team, and Boston has a much better team overall. But they will no doubt have a tough time with the Pistons, which should be a great series.

As a Piston's fan, I hate James for last year but thats why I wouldn't count out the cavs. He may decide to go off for fifty in the next two games each. Personally I would wether the Pistons played Boston, but James is damn good, as we all know.

Can someone remind me how home court advantage for the NBA Finals is determined?

As of now, Boston or Detroit will have it, depending on the winner of that series as both have the best and second best records in the league.

The finals would go two at home for the team with a better record, then three at home for the team without home court advantage, and then two again at home for the team with home court advantage.

Spectacular...there's what? One entertaining finals combination to come from these 4 teams? Celtics/Lakers and it won't live up to amount of hype that'll be put on it. Although it'll still be nice to see if it happens.

I've got a horrible feeling its going to end up Spurs/Pistons again.

Eh, I don't think Duncan and Gasol is much of a wash, I'd say the Spurs have the advantage there. Duncan is possibly the best power forward to ever play the game, where as Gasol is very good, but not in that kind of echelon of greatness.

On the other hand, Kobe is in the echelon of being one of the greatest to ever play the game. I think Odom is the Lakers X-Factor, seeing as he could be the guy that the Spurs forget about. But do the Lakers have anybody that can guard Tony Parker?

I also don't necessarily agree with the Lakers having the better coaching staff. Gregg Poppovich has proven over the course of his career that he is a hall of fame caliber coach in his own right.

Derek Fisher didn't shut down D. Williams from Utah, but he did alright. I think he'll do enough against Parker. Jordan Farmar is decent off the bench as well.

The problem for San Antonio is that to guard Kobe, they have to put Bruce Bowen on the floor, and he's an offensive liability. So the Lakers can double team Duncan more easily. Plus the fact that Odom/Gasol will be matched up with Duncan, making him have to work harder than the Lakers will on the offensive end. The Spurs can put Udoka in as well, but thats another offensive liabilty, and you can't have two of them on the court against LA, you'll get killed.

Plus, Trevor Ariza is coming back, so thats another defensive presence for LA, and more athleticism on the floor. I just don't think the Spurs can keep up with LA in a seven game series.