Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How'd you get £150m+ worth of players to Millwall? unless there all 35 years old :wacko:

I was going to ask similar earlier. <_<

I couldn't work out which team he was actually playing as. I thought he might be using a "Millwall" formation that he'd used previously, or might actually be Millwall.

How the hell he got those players though (without the editor) is beyond me.

How'd you get £150m+ worth of players to Millwall? unless there all 35 years old :wacko:

I was going to ask similar earlier. <_<

I couldn't work out which team he was actually playing as. I thought he might be using a "Millwall" formation that he'd used previously, or might actually be Millwall.

How the hell he got those players though (without the editor) is beyond me.

OK, i've started a new game as Everton. I'm into November and Tim Howards morale has been stuck on Very Low for at least the last month and now his form is very shaky and i cant seem to get it back up. I've tried saying i was disappointed with his form, which got his morale up to OK for 2 days. Any idea how i can get him playing better? I've got no more money left to buy anyone either.

OK, i've started a new game as Everton. I'm into November and Tim Howards morale has been stuck on Very Low for at least the last month and now his form is very shaky and i cant seem to get it back up. I've tried saying i was disappointed with his form, which got his morale up to OK for 2 days. Any idea how i can get him playing better? I've got no more money left to buy anyone either.

Stick him in the reserves, the lower level of football should mean he'll get better ratings, as long as he's not behind a sieve-like defence.

Just won my first Premiership game in 14 and followed it up with a draw against Liverpool! Just drew away at Boro as well and now I'm on 32 points, 5 points from the relegation zone, though both 17th and 18th place have a game in hand (which they'll both lose if all goes well)... hopefully I'll be able to hold out for my last 9 games, if I can somehow manage 2 wins I should be alright, but that's unlikely.

Squad needs shoring up in so many places though, hopefully I get a better budget than 3.9m in the summer.

Stick him in the reserves, the lower level of football should mean he'll get better ratings, as long as he's not behind a sieve-like defence.

Got Millwall promoted in my first season. We're second in the league, having played 6, won 5 and drew 1.

We also put West Ham out in the League Cup second round, 5-0 at their own stadium.

I've put out West Ham, Middlesbrough and Everton in the Carling Cup. We're in the 5th round now.

We've just got Wigan in the Quarter Finals.

Edited by Lost Soul

Secured promotion for Southampton on the last day of the season, with a 3-1 win over Colchester at St. Mary's (which also sent Colchester down). We were only predicted to finish 9th as well so going up means we've overachieved by quite a bit, but the only problem is the squad clearly isn't cut out for the Premiership and it looks like my transfer budget will only be around the £2m mark. I've sent scouts out to the Scandinavian countries to try and find some gems, but I doubt I'll get any.

Keeper/defence is the biggest worry. My only two centrebacks (Lundekvam and Svensson) are 34 and 31 respectively, we were really lucky that neither of them got injured and they both played in almost every game. I was forced to give Svensson two weeks off in January, and it wasn't a surprise that it coincided with our worst run of form in the season (three defeats and a draw).

Bale is quality but I think I'll lose him in the summer, Portsmouth and Middlesbrough are both sniffing around and he's said he'd like to join them both. Hopefully I can get a decent amount for him.

Strikers are poor as well, Rasiak was the top scorer with 23 league goals and James Vaughan (signed on loan from Everton in Jan) was next with 10, Saganowski will be going back to Poland and Jones/Wright Phillips are both completely gash.