Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just noticed something Boxy, your board announced a new stadium then plans to expand your old stadium? WTF! Talk about wasting money!!

As for 08, I'm using the 8.0.2 patch and it has totally killed my tactics, it's very wierd, I can beat Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool as Rovers, but can't beat Preston, Derby and the like, hmm, maybe all my players love big matches and not smaller ones?

Birmingham are shit. Jump ship.

I know, that's the reason I chose them in the first place. The worst team (who aren't doomed to go down like Derby, though saying that they're 5th at the turn of the new year) I could've chosen, and I want to work my way up from them. I'm hoping that if I finish mid-table this season I'll actually get recognition for it and some better teams might want me.

That's my problem when going United. Unless your beating every side (excluding other top 3 - even then the fans are disappointed if you don't beat them at home) home and away, the fans aren't ever happy. And because I'm managing United, neither am I.

Nothing worse than beating a side like Chelsea and then watching on in horror as some twat from a smaller team scores a late free-kick to beat you.

I dislike you at this present moment <_<

I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

I know, that's the reason I chose them in the first place. The worst team (who aren't doomed to go down like Derby, though saying that they're 5th at the turn of the new year) I could've chosen, and I want to work my way up from them. I'm hoping that if I finish mid-table this season I'll actually get recognition for it and some better teams might want me.

Derby, despite looking shite, are very easy to keep up. I am proof in a past game.

Alright...

Lots of bitching on the SI forums about this 8.0.2 patch and the amount of 0-0 draws, or lack thereof.

So, if you have the patch and have done a season, how many (roughly) 0-0 draws have you had, or has your division had? I heard there was lots of goals on here, but the lack of 0-0's scare me into not wanting to play it, knowing that when I'm playing, either me or the opposition are likely to score sooner or later.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't be worried about so little 0-0 draws, but I like to keep with realism.

Alright...

Lots of bitching on the SI forums about this 8.0.2 patch and the amount of 0-0 draws, or lack thereof.

So, if you have the patch and have done a season, how many (roughly) 0-0 draws have you had, or has your division had? I heard there was lots of goals on here, but the lack of 0-0's scare me into not wanting to play it, knowing that when I'm playing, either me or the opposition are likely to score sooner or later.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't be worried about so little 0-0 draws, but I like to keep with realism.

I have no idea what this game wants me to do tactically. It's impossible to find something that works. I haven't won in 13 games in the league, and playing more defensively or attacking doesn't seem to change anything in terms of how much I or the computer scores, nor does a different formation, different individual mentalities etc. I just drew 3-3 with Burnley in the FA Cup after being 2-0 and then 3-1 up, it's shocking. The game just won't let me win. I've slipped down to 16th and I've only got about 3 points from my last 9 or 10 games.

I have no idea what this game wants me to do tactically. It's impossible to find something that works. I haven't won in 13 games in the league, and playing more defensively or attacking doesn't seem to change anything in terms of how much I or the computer scores, nor does a different formation, different individual mentalities etc. I just drew 3-3 with Burnley in the FA Cup after being 2-0 and then 3-1 up, it's shocking. The game just won't let me win. I've slipped down to 16th and I've only got about 3 points from my last 9 or 10 games.

Stop changing tactics so often, the players won't be able to get used to the new systems you keep using. Just use a basic 4-4-2 and tweak it a little after every game when you notice things (ie. conceding too many, set your 4 defenders all to ultra defensive and make sure your full backs are staying back instead of going forward, maybe make one of your central midfielders more defensivelt minded etc. etc.)

Stop changing tactics so often, the players won't be able to get used to the new systems you keep using. Just use a basic 4-4-2 and tweak it a little after every game when you notice things (ie. conceding too many, set your 4 defenders all to ultra defensive and make sure your full backs are staying back instead of going forward, maybe make one of your central midfielders more defensivelt minded etc. etc.)

Edited by Calculon

I'm not really interested in the tactics sided of things by any means, but I've had loads of success with a defensive, counter-attacking, direct 5-3-2 system like this:

Millwall_Tactics.jpg

All you need are two strikers as pacy as possible, and an AMC with high creativity (rather than one that provides a goal threat himself.) Unfortunately, if you've got the players for a 4-4-2 it's hard to play a system without wingers, but it's surprisingly effective to stick them in at the wing-back position until you can change your players. My left hand MC is fully defensive and my right hand MC is more attacking. I sometimes get draws against teams I should handily beat, but you can put the AMC behind the strikers and make the wingbacks run futher to make it more attacking.