Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear lord, I install the patch and start a new game with Villa. Of the first games, only one team didn't score, West Ham, who lost 6-0 to Arsenal. I lost 6-1 to Man U, and half the results had at least 5 goals in them. I mean, Vidic scored a hattrick, all goals from corners. It's crazy.

I think I'll go back to my 07 game for a while...

Edited by estebanmon

Dear lord, I install the patch and start a new game with Villa. Of the first games, only one team didn't score, West Ham, who lost 6-0 to Arsenal. I lost 6-1 to Man U, and half the results had at least 5 goals in them. I mean, Vidic scored a hattrick, all goals from corners. It's crazy.

I think I'll go back to my 07 game for a while...

Yeah.

The 8.0.1 patch included retarded strikers who couldn't score one-on-ones, and the 8.0.2 includes goals, goals, goals ...sadly. There's rarely any 0-0 draws any more. :mellow:

Fuck! David Marshall sprains his ankle and throws my whole promotion campaign into serious jeopardy.

I have to play an Under18 in the last 6 games of the season. :(

Edit: We did ok with the young lad. Last game of the season. Charlton Vs Millwall. They're on 86 points, we have 85, and we play them in their yard. Bring it on!!

Editx2: Sunderland were promoted as we were drawing 1-1 until the 94th minute when the bastards scored.

Edited by Lost Soul

One of my favourite buys, Mika Aaritalo is not on the new patch at his regular club TPS. Anyone know where he has gone? I am playing with the Large database.

load all additional players from Finland, he'll then be there (Y)

Thought I'd better warn people about a potential problem with loading additional players. Some people have found that loading all players from certain nations, in certain circumstances can unbalance a game in the future.

An example might be loading all players from Finland but only starting with the UK leagues. This could end up with you having the UK leagues chock full of a stupid amount of Finnish players in future years.

Thing to do usually, is load additional players from every single nation, or only load additional players for nations that you have a playable league in.

Of course you can just do whatever you want, as I'm sure not everyone will notice this potential problem, or be bothered by it.

Hope that all made sense, it's stupidly late here and I'm barely awake. Thought I should mention that before I forgot though.

Edited by The Ego II

My strikeforce for Southampton's upcoming assault on the Premiership title:

- A 36-year old Henrik Larsson, signed for £6k from Helsingborg.

- A goal-shy Kenwyne Jones (who is attracting interest from footballing powerhouses Hartlepool)

- Bradley Wright-Phillips, who couldn't score in a brothel.

- Benoit Leroy, signed from Niort and with the first touch of a rapist.

Come back soon, Grzegorz :(

My strikeforce for Southampton's upcoming assault on the Premiership title:

- A 36-year old Henrik Larsson, signed for £6k from Helsingborg.

- A goal-shy Kenwyne Jones (who is attracting interest from footballing powerhouses Hartlepool)

- Bradley Wright-Phillips, who couldn't score in a brothel.

- Benoit Leroy, signed from Niort and with the first touch of a rapist.

Come back soon, Grzegorz :(

5-4-1 formation it is then?

Go pick up some loans, you bitch you.

dos Santos has been mildly injured with my Foxes but we charged up to 2nd in the table coming into mid-November. Sadly Billy Sharp decided to take a shit and we dropped the next two games to drop to 5th. Still, promotion pussssssssh!

Try it. Sharp seems to be one of those players the big clubs actually have interest in signing. In my Millwall game, Man Utd signed him after a couple of seasons and he was getting games for a couple of seasons. After a couple of seasons rotting in the reserves I bought him on the cheap, rejuvenated him and sold him back to them for a decent amount of credit in my Rooney deal.

The deal is all good with Liverpool, they only want 1.89m US more. Except dos Santos doesn't want to come, I'm just going to throw money at him to see if he'll change his mind.

So out of left field Sharp rejects Liverpool, even though they've won the Prem the past two years. Smart lad, that one.

Edited by Kou